Join now - be part of our community!

SONY CASHBACK

SOLVED
Brunel99
Explorer

SONY CASHBACK

I purchased and paid for a SONY 6000 on 6 SEPT 2016 from a recognised UK company.

The order was invoiced and dispatched on 7 SEPT.

The terms of the casback, clearly state.

If you have purchased any of the following Cyber-shot /Handycam products:

(the “Products”) from an authorised Sony dealer located in the UK and Republic of Ireland between 21st May 2015 and 6th September 2015 (inclusive)  then you are entitled to submit a claim for Cashback.

SONY are now refusing my claim, and stating: "Kindly be informed that the refund is processed based on the invoice date which is 07/09/2015.

This is clearly incorrect.

How do I progress this claim?

Thanks 

20 REPLIES 20
sch306
Explorer

In the interest of fairness I am editing this post as Sony Customer Services have just rung me to say I will be receiving the cashback. I`m disppointed that they were unable to do so with my first two phones calls to Customer Services, but after an email, my faith has been restored. I think the best advice is to not use Amazon in future as you have no control over the date they put on the invoice. On this oocasion the item I wanted was not instock at the more speciallised camera store I was hoping to order it from. Though in fairness to Amazon they do put the date you placed the order on the left, I did suggest to the person I spoke to at Sony that we as customers place our orders in good faith, and that maybe their promotions could go on this date, rather than the date amazon dispatch the item.

I wish others well with their similar cash back queries, and hope you are able to resolve your issues, and just advise you do not give up at your first, or second or third phone call to amazon or sony.

Merry Christmas, and thank you to the person who rang from Sony for there understanding and time,

@Hill_24 wrote:

I seem to have a similar problem. Ordered camera from Amazon on 4 December, cashback promotion ended on 6 December, Amazon invoiced me on 7 December. I'd hate to think they deliberately withheld the invoice to delay until the cashback window had closed.

Any suggestions? I have contacted Amazon and Sony.

sch306
Explorer

@Hill_24 I was in exactly the same boat as you, I tried Amazon and Sony Phone helplines without joy, I ended up emailing Sony. And I am very pleased to say the manager of the promotion has just rung me to say they are honouring the cash back. He has looked at the invoice and can see the date on the left which is when I purchased it. Fingers crossed the cash back will arrive. I did mention that I had seen on the forum that I was not alone and that there was a person with a similar case. I got the email address from promotion website. I hope your cashback issue gets resolved too.

@Hill_24 wrote:

I seem to have a similar problem. Ordered camera from Amazon on 4 December, cashback promotion ended on 6 December, Amazon invoiced me on 7 December. I'd hate to think they deliberately withheld the invoice to delay until the cashback window had closed.

Any suggestions? I have contacted Amazon and Sony.

markprime
Explorer

I have the same problem - ordered from Wex on 5th Dec, but the invoice shows 7th. Despite a letter from Wex confirming that the order was made on 5th Sony will not honour the cashback. Wex have been helpful so far, but I think I need to clarify my position legally - they advertised a price 'with cashback', I satisfied the conditions of Sale, but their mistake has cost me financially.

Not sure where to go next but this is becoming a point of principle!

smashah

I had a similar problem, initially sony refused to accept the cashback claim form saying i did not submit an invoice.  I later submitted the correct invoice which was validated.   It is 28 days since the validation and Sony are refusing to pay the cashback.

sch306
Explorer

So far I have not received payment, but I hope my cashback is going through. Have Sony said why they have changed their minds?
smashah

Nope, Sony have not given me a valid reason.  They always send me the following message:

"Dear customer,  Thank you for participating in our Cashback campaign.  Kindly note that the refund could take maximum 28 days from the validation date.   Kindly check your bank account next week.

With Kind Regards,
Your Sony Support Team  "

It is past 28 days and now they are ignoring my emails.

sch306
Explorer

Hopefully it's just Christmas shutdown tha is delaying things, my 28 days isn't up yet, so I cannot judge if they are honouring it yet. If you haven't had a email saying they won't pay, then I wouldn't panic just yet. But I know your feeling, after having trouble, I have very little faith or trust in Sony customer service, and I will remember that "lack of trust" when considering other future purchases where other products are available. I would give it next week at least. Then if not received come back on hear and tell people about it.
profile.country.GB.title
Normski4ash
Explorer

I had this problem from Sony when I bought an A6000 6 months ago. I called them a pack of liars as they weren't upholding there agreement with me. I told them that I would dis them to everyone I could, I am  a member of three photographic societies and regularly do talks to other societies, and I would advice everyone at all of these functions that Sony do not hold there end of the bargain, they lie to get sales, and then try to worm out of it with lame excuses.

I was going to write to every news paper and magazine I could think of to let them know this, in the hope that one or two would publish it.

The next day I got a phone call telling me that as a gesture of good will they would give me the cash back ! I said this is nothing to do with good will, this is something you promised me when I purchased the camera and are trying to go back on your word, admit you are wrong and give the the cash and an apology, not a feeble excuse.

The money arrived four weeks later...

Hope this helps

Hill_24
Explorer

I should report that after contacting a member of Sony Customer Service team, and waiting the 28 days (why?) I did eventually receive my full cash back. Had to fight for it though.

Brunel99
Explorer

Well done, after this fiasco, I will never purchase another SONY item... ever