Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories app can't connect to camera's Smart Remote Ctrl app

bowanner
Explorer

Playmemories app can't connect to camera's Smart Remote Ctrl app

A Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, which would be a mate in heaven together with A7RII, can't connect to the camera's Smart Remote Ctrl app.

I manage to stablish a direct Wifi connection between the Tab and the camera. The Tab says we are connected in the wifi settings, and the camera reacts and leaves the QR OR password login page and says "Connecting".

I start the Playmemories app on the Tab, and see my camera in the list, and try to connect. But the app on the Tab just says "Could not connect", or "Connection failure" (in Swedish).

The camera just says "Connecting".  And "Connecting". And "Connecting". Forever.

I have tried every possible combination of starting the apps, connecting, etc (I'm a IT test pro), but to no avail.

WHY can't the apps connect, when there seems to be a perfectly valid wifi connection between the Tab and the A7RII?

This is not the first time Playmemories refuses to connect. I have tested on several Androids, even Sony's own Z3, and there are ALWAYS problems. I'm frustrated like hell over Sony's lack of professional development and testing. Guy's - Keep it simple!

Bo W

Stockholm

0 REPLIES 0