Join now - be part of our community!

SONY CASHBACK

SOLVED
Brunel99
Explorer

SONY CASHBACK

I purchased and paid for a SONY 6000 on 6 SEPT 2016 from a recognised UK company.

The order was invoiced and dispatched on 7 SEPT.

The terms of the casback, clearly state.

If you have purchased any of the following Cyber-shot /Handycam products:

(the “Products”) from an authorised Sony dealer located in the UK and Republic of Ireland between 21st May 2015 and 6th September 2015 (inclusive)  then you are entitled to submit a claim for Cashback.

SONY are now refusing my claim, and stating: "Kindly be informed that the refund is processed based on the invoice date which is 07/09/2015.

This is clearly incorrect.

How do I progress this claim?

Thanks 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
beauchiefs

Try getting the company you purchased it from to issue you with another invoice dated within the time scale.

It must be a proper VAT invoice showing all the correct details.

Sony will insist that everything is correct before giving the cashback.

It is still possible they will refuse as you have already asked for a cashback for a puchase outside the timescale.

View solution in original post

Brunel99
Explorer

All sorted, had to enlist the aid of Harrison Cameras.

They contacted Sony direct.

Hill_24
Explorer

I should report that after contacting a member of Sony Customer Service team, and waiting the 28 days (why?) I did eventually receive my full cash back. Had to fight for it though.

20 REPLIES 20
beauchiefs

Try getting the company you purchased it from to issue you with another invoice dated within the time scale.

It must be a proper VAT invoice showing all the correct details.

Sony will insist that everything is correct before giving the cashback.

It is still possible they will refuse as you have already asked for a cashback for a puchase outside the timescale.

Brunel99
Explorer

Thanks have now submitted an amended invoice.

Will now have to wait for a SONY pedantic reply. 

Brunel99
Explorer

"Dear customer, Thank you for participating. In regards to your participation, please note that this claim to be rejected, as the proof of purchase is not a genuine one, also please note that as per the promotion terms and conditions, and specifically point number 15, we reserve the right to withhold and / or refuse payment of the Cashback where we suspect that any false or fraudulent claim is being made or where a claim has been made which does not comply with these terms.

Also please note that any further claims will be rejected straight away.

SONY now accusing me of fraud.

osdomin37
New

I think your query is self explanmatory, your invoice states the actaul date of purchase which was when your item got delivered as well

Brunel99
Explorer

All sorted, had to enlist the aid of Harrison Cameras.

They contacted Sony direct.
Hill_24
Explorer

I seem to have a similar problem. Ordered camera from Amazon on 4 December, cashback promotion ended on 6 December, Amazon invoiced me on 7 December. I'd hate to think they deliberately withheld the invoice to delay until the cashback window had closed.

Any suggestions? I have contacted Amazon and Sony.

Brunel99
Explorer

You will have to persuade AMAZON to act on your behalf.

I know probably impossible.

tonyfromalnwick
Explorer

I went through all of this too. It's as though sony don't want to honour the refund, and make any excuse not to pay out.

I suspect my next purchase will be Panasonic, who pay up pretty much instantly.

sch306
Explorer

@Brunel99 wrote:

"Dear customer, Thank you for participating. In regards to your participation, please note that this claim to be rejected, as the proof of purchase is not a genuine one, also please note that as per the promotion terms and conditions, and specifically point number 15, we reserve the right to withhold and / or refuse payment of the Cashback where we suspect that any false or fraudulent claim is being made or where a claim has been made which does not comply with these terms.

Also please note that any further claims will be rejected straight away.

SONY now accusing me of fraud.

To me it feels the other way round, Sony offer a promotion, you make a purchase based on the cashback offered, within a promotion period, yet you have no control over the date the shop put on the invoice. Then Sony look at the dispatch date rather than the order date and say the claim isn't valid. Its a shame that the promotion process cannot take into account that customers have no control over the date shops put on the invoice when ordering by phone, mail order or internet.