Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4 - Music scrambled when microphone is activated

profile.country.US.title
wengelin
New

WH-1000XM4 - Music scrambled when microphone is activated

Hi

I recently bought a pair of WH-1000XM4 Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones. When I try to play music and use the microphone at the same time the music sounds terrible, scrambled and far in the background. Is this expected behavior? Can I do anything about it? I want to be able to listen to music while waiting for others to join video meetings for example.

Best regards

AW

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Wengelin,

Can you mention are you using software on smartphone or laptop? did you try any other software?

profile.country.US.title
wengelin
New

Hi!

This occurs on my computer (Mac). The music typically comes from Spotify but I have tested Youtube to verify, with same result. Meetings are either Teams or Google Meets through Chrome or Safari. Seems to not matter what combination of music/music, it's always the same. The behaviour seems to be: if microphone is enabled, any sound from an application that is not the one using the microphone gets scrambled.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey wengelin, does the same issue happen on your phone?

profile.country.US.title
wengelin
New

Hi

I just tried it with the combination Spotify + Google Meets (app) on my iPhone 13, and yes. The same phenomenon occurs.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi wengelin, are you are streaming music and using google meets app through the same device at the same time or for example you have google meets on your MAC and streaming Spotify through your phone.
If you are using both on the same device at the same time I think this is normal and there is actually no issue here.

profile.country.US.title
wengelin
New

Thank you @HannahEd01 , I've started to suspect that this might be the case. It's sad since I spend quite a bit of time in meetings, waiting for others to join. Music makes the waiting less dull. Thanks for helping!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey wengelin, it's my pleasure to help! Thanks to you.