Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth prompt appearing repeatedly on IOS App

profile.country.GB.title
YorkMan
New

Bluetooth prompt appearing repeatedly on IOS App

Since updating IoS I'm being constantly reminded to turn on Bluetooth for my WH-900H headphones.  When I'm not using my headphones I don't open the app and have no need to keep battery draining Bluetooth open.  As I'm not selecting the app it should not be 'active' so why do I get  the message every time I turn on my phone or wake it from sleep 'Turn On Bluetooth to Allow "Headphones" to Connect to Accessories' and what can I do to stop it appearing?

EDIT: This MAY be a more general issue as other apps occasionally open for no good reason, though not as often as the Sony app, which does rather have a penchant to open most often.

6 REPLIES 6
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @YorkMan, I believe this issue is related to your iPhone not the Headphones itself. Are you turning the Headphones off when not in use by holding the power button for a few secs? and have you tried to restart your iPhone?

profile.country.GB.title
YorkMan
New

Hi, Thanks for replying.  It's most definitely the phone/app - the headphones have not been used for over six months.  Problem did not arise until I switched from an iPhone 5S to and iPhone SE.  If I leave Bluetooth 'on' the problem does not occur and the app doesn't try to open... but having Bluetooth on drains the phone battery!

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @YorkMan, have you tried to uninstall the Headphones connect app and reinstall it again?

profile.country.GB.title
YorkMan
New

Hi - I haven't but will try that.

P.

Piscie
Community Team

@YorkMan, Keep us updated about this!

profile.country.GB.title
YorkMan
New

Hello again.  I've deleted the app and reinstalled and went through the complete setup all over again.  Problem still persists so I've now 'Off loaded' the app as a rather brutal way to stop this happening as it was driving me mad.  Off loading keeps the set up apparently (I haven't proved that yet!) so all I need to do now is reinstall the app when I want to use it.

I'd much rather the app only tried to connect when it was opened but for now I'll stick with this workaround.  Thanks for your responses.