Join now - be part of our community!

The new Sony LinkBuds

profile.country.GB.title
matthewcornwell
Contributor

The new Sony LinkBuds

Hi all,

Yesterday we launched our new headphones, LinkBuds! 

Lots more info can be found online: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-l900?cpint=HOMEPAGE_TOPBANNER_LINKBUDSWFL900_14...

Let me know what you think...

Matt

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

Ordered them online today from Sony UK, £149.00 delivered including 30day free home trial. Well done Sony.

Got them yesterday. 

Initial impressions are that they have huge potential. 

Pros:

_Very_ light and not really noticeable in the ear. 

No issues whatsoever with falling out.

That wide area tap is just crackers.

The whole "background music for your life" feeling is really enjoyable.

The case is a great shape.

Cons:

Out walking the left bud is constantly cutting out. Insanely annoying. No problems sat at home. Phone in pocket and right bud has no issues.

Very aggressive adaptive volume control, so I've disabled that.

The speak to chat activates very quickly, so I've disabled that.

All in all I'm impressed. I'll continue to play around with the settings to see if one of them is causing the issues with left ear bud drop out when walking but, if I can't solve that then - very regrettably - they'll be going back.

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

What mobile are you using. 

My iPhone 12 pro, perfect connection no drop out at all very stable with BT 5.2 in fact better than my WF MX4’s. *****

Sound quality is excellent I was surprised how good they are. *****

Fit in ear is comfortable (the best in ear fit I have ever had ******) they are unbelievable light, needed a medium loop in one ear and large in other. Never came out or got loose during a 2 hour fast run. ***** Something my MX4’s can not do. *

interesting that you can’t configure each ear bud to perform different functions. Just the std pause skip function ( the Sony headphone connect app) shows options which are the same as WF & WH but they are not active when you try to use them. 

First impressions they are brilliant for me to use whilst running which is what I bought them for. 

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

Have you tried putting the phone in the other pocket to see if that helps.

Is your phone BT 5.2?

profile.country.GB.title
matthewcornwell
Contributor

Good stuff!

They are next on my shopping list - no runs for me but I want something for when I'm in the office :slight_smile: 

profile.country.GB.title
dnicuk

Matthew,

The link below is for SonyCenterDirect in the UK. They have the LinkBuds in stock and if you purchase they give you 3 years free Sony Warranty and free delivery, to top it off 30 day trial.  

https://centresdirect.co.uk/c-230-sony_linkbuds.aspx?xp=emfeb16&utm_source=Sony+Centres+Master+List&...