Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones not recognised

SOLVED
rememberthistim
Visitor

Headphones not recognised

Has anyone had an issue with their phone not recognising when headphones are plugged in? I've found that my sennheiser over ear set aren't recognised, whereas my earbuds and the set in the box are.

Unfortunately my over ear ones are by far my preferred choice. The only noticeable difference is that the input on them is a couple of mm's shorter, but this has never previously caused am issue on other phones.

Hoping that either im missing something obvious or there is an easy fix for this.
Tags (1)
53 REPLIES 53
Polskicowboy
Visitor

SOLUTION = Plug in headphones. Smart Connect = "Off" - when you plug in > if icon for Smart Connect appears > tap on it > at page 1 of 2 look at top of screen and move slider to "Off" position.  This solved for me.

Before this I had gone to Settings > APPS > Smartkey and Smart Connect - Cleared Data and Uninstalled.  That did not fix. Built in app is probably why.

Regards,

Z3 Compact D5803 (T-mobile compatible model)

It's a good phone. 

-Superior Camera to IPhone6+

-Waterproof (more so then Galaxy Waterproof) I put phone in tiny ziplock bag and  pool party all day.

-small size (Z3)

**I Love the Japanese style wrist strap !! (surgery to put in, you probably don't notice the tiny whole at the bottom -"Thats what she said") keeps my from dropping phone. People think its nerdy at first then they see me party, get drunk and never drop my phone. 

weathervain
Visitor

One of the key selling points of going with a phone that is made by a brand with a reputation built on sound quality is you expect you're going to get it. I'm hating all this dead air time when I could be listening to and potentially purchasing your music SONY, I'm missing out and so are you maybe you should get on this product flaw when you bring out the 4th generation.
elcooko
Visitor

thanks worked for me 

rofficer
Visitor

I had the same problem with my apple earbuds and Beats Solo's. I tried it with my sony earbuds that came with the phone, which were never used, and those worked. I tried it with my other beats cable which is hardly ever used, and it worked too. I think that maybe the 3.5mm connector on your headphones/earbuds may be dirty or old. try leaning the connector or try with brand new headphones/earbuds. 

thanga
Visitor

Having the same problem but couldn't solve it by using smart connect clear data
thanga
Visitor

I tried using new headphones but still the same results not working... This is very bad.. BTW is is this smart connect problem
Otka
Visitor

Problem with not working earphone jack too. My original earphones just stopped working with the phone, but they ok with another devices. I have tried to do all tricks with Smart Connect, but in vain. Never had such problem with any phone before 😞 Local Sony service is very poor on top that.
Wretchard
Visitor

Seems its happening again. If the headphone input gets tilted in any way the headphones stop being recognized. And the rubber water proofing strip on cover over where the phone charges its coming off. Pretty sure my warranty is up now. Any one get the headphone Jack fixed with no warranty? How much?
nyso23
Visitor

Love Sony but... Major audio problems I own a Z3 & I love it, except for the fact I am now unable to use heaphones or bluetooth, even NFC doesnt throw to speakers now. Ive been searching long for solution & the problem seems to be with SMART CONNECT or maybe Android 5.1 Lollipop update as it doesnt recognise any of the above. Only through a third party app called 'Soundabout' am I able to at least listen with my headphones now. Please sort this out Sony, I shouldn't have to have another service running in the background draining my battery in order to sort this out. I should at least be allowed audio. Does anyone have a solution? Sony New Zealand?? Sony Mobile NZ??? Sony Mobile IN????
Linky
Visitor

I now have this same problem

Xperia Z2 does not recognise a working set of Music Fidelity Headphones that have been ok for the last 4 months.  However my Bose headphones work fine

I know it's not the headphones - they work on an iPhone / laptop other devices.  This is a software issue.  

Clearing Smart Connect or even resetting it to factory settings has not worked.