Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones not recognised

SOLVED
rememberthistim
Visitor

Headphones not recognised

Has anyone had an issue with their phone not recognising when headphones are plugged in? I've found that my sennheiser over ear set aren't recognised, whereas my earbuds and the set in the box are.

Unfortunately my over ear ones are by far my preferred choice. The only noticeable difference is that the input on them is a couple of mm's shorter, but this has never previously caused am issue on other phones.

Hoping that either im missing something obvious or there is an easy fix for this.
Tags (1)
53 REPLIES 53
Wretchard
Visitor

I'm back again. Now sure if I am using the same account but I wrote in here before. Headphones weren't working, I'm in Korea, took phone to Sony shop, got it fixed.

Today my headphones don't work again. 

$%#$%#^$@%^$@

Wretchard
Visitor

Took my phone to the Sony service center here in Seoul once again. Fixed in an hour.

The service guy came out with a small part in a seal bag that looked like a mini circuit board. I guess that's the part the makes the headphone jack and the phone's electronics work. He said that this problem is very common Z3C so Sony has fixed this and has redesigned this part part making it 'stronger' because the stock version of this part was 'not strong.'

Not sure why there isn't some Sony mod on this forum that could tell us this.

dquilon
Contributor

Wretchard, would you care to tell us what week number is your device?

The batch number is under the same flap that the SIM is, it is a thin plastic tab that pulls out to reveal your device's information, including the week of production.

mine is 14W45.

Wretchard
Visitor

Sure. 

14W40

Tonitoot
Visitor

How much did it cost to have the jack replaced? Thanks.
Wretchard
Visitor

It was free. My phone is still under warranty. I ordered directly from the Sony Korea website.

strizh
Visitor

Mine is 14w46, started to have this problem just today - my mdr-nc31e headphones are recognized by phone only as a microphone, cannot listen to audio anymore. Tried couple of different brands of headphones, including one with microphone - phone recognises those correctly.
Tried to tweak Smart Connect, clean cashe etc, nothing works.
Seems to be hardware problem with both phone audio jack and headphonrs, since other earbuds working.
Since there are so many cases, shouldn't Sony recognise the issue and create a recall campain, or, if it is a compatibility issue, provide a fix?
Wan_M_ApizZ
Visitor

Hello guys,just now i found when i'm connect the headset slowly,it not detect the mic,but when i'm connect the headset fast,it detect the mic.i'm using sony experia c2350.try to connect your headset faster,it work for me.huhu..i also have tried clear data step.
large909
Visitor

SOLVED

I fixed my Sony Z1, updated and cleared the Smart Connect software (although i am not sure that has anything to do with it).

I cleaned the Headphone Jack, using some compressed air. I saw allot of dust etc came flying out.

now all headphones seem to work fine.

marvilyn19
Visitor

I cant use or my headphone. Its not detectted. I dont know whats the problem. Who can help.me to fix this..
Sony xperia c3.