Join now - be part of our community!

Working with WH-CH710N

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Working with WH-CH710N

I have problems with WH-CH710N.  It tells me it pairs correctly, but the sound is poor and lacks bass, the PC (Windows7) identifies the device as mono, and the sound is mono.  I then read these sets are Bluetooth 5.0 and the adapter I am using is Bluetooth 4.0, could this be the cause?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Alan1947,

could you check whether the headphones are paired as "handsfree" device? If not, pair it as a normal headset.

If this doesn't work, a bluetooth 5.0 transmitter should resolve the issue.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Nic - thanks for your prompt reply

I have another headset (Sony WH-CH510) that pairs and works perfectly as expected, the WH-CH710N is to be an upgrade.

I paired the 510 and nowhere can I see any info as to whats its paired as, handsfree or otherwise, so unable to comment re 710N, any ideas?

Alan.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Alan1947,

@Alan1947  schrieb:

nowhere can I see any info as to whats its paired as, handsfree or otherwise, so unable to comment re 710N, any ideas?

you can usually see that in the sound control panel on Windows.

It would look like this:

7f52c1b7-68dc-4f4d-a4d3-1a2a2ddf61ed.png

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Found it

The headset that is working is called Bluetooth Audio Renderer

The headset that refuses to work nice (bad mono sound etc) is in there as Bluetooth Hands-free Audio

Sound.jpg

The WH-CH510 I'm listening to as I type.

The WH-CH710N is the bad boy - also shows as mono!! can be enabled and paired but plays as rubbish.

All these setting were auto generated by WIndows when it "found" these items plugged in and swiitched on, they call it plug and play 😀 humans not required!

The 710 plays fine when wired rather than Blootooth, so continues to suggest its wireless oriented.

Your help is appreciated,

Alan

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Further - the 710 pairs successfully with our LG Smart TV, so its def Windows7 that looks as though it has an issue. 

Sony don't seem to want to help (live chat permanently unavailable) or maybe are unable to.  No replies.

Sony supply no driver.  

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Alan1947, it's a compatibility issue, Sony can't do anything about it I'm afraid if it's already working fine with other devices.

Regarding the chat, it's available during working hours 9-5 Monday to Friday.

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

It is sad to read that Sony are unable to address compatibility issues, for who else would be able to address compatibility issues with Sony products?  At least if they were able to understand issues of this nature they would be able to alert potential buyers, but they seem to prefer (by their inaction) the users learn these lessons at their expense.

"Regarding the chat, it's available during working hours 9-5 Monday to Friday."

I have tried many times over the last 6 days and all I see is

"All our agents are currently helping customers, or the chat is closed.
Please try again later. You can find our business hours below:

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 18:00."

And yes I am trying between 9am and 6pm this is same message I read every time.

Sadly - not impressed.  Great products - very disappointing customer support.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Alan1947, I'm not sure how to help here, try sending an email then.