Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH-1000XM4 Ringtone

profile.country.DE.title
Algaliarept
Explorer

Sony WH-1000XM4 Ringtone

Hello, everyone.

I recently became the owner of the Sony WH-1000XM4 Bluetooth headphones and use them with the Sony 1 III.

All in all, I'm very satisfied, only one little thing bothers me - that's massive: If I've paired the earphones and then get a call, the cell phone rings as usual, as always.

But only a generic "Ring Ring" comes out of the headset. This is particularly annoying because I can usually tell from the ringtone who is calling me - which is not possible now, since only the tinkling can be heard.

Now I've read that you can set the hands-free profile so that you can also hear the right ringtone over the headset... Unfortunately I can't find the option for this, nor any information as to whether my devices support it at all. ..

Am I just too stupid for that or is it really not possible? Incidentally, sounds for notifications (SMS, WhatsApp (calls and messages), Discord, etc.) are played without any problems.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Algaliarept, there's no option on the headphones to change the ring tone, but try the app and let me know if that had any option. 

profile.country.DE.title
Algaliarept
Explorer

Hi. Unfortunately, there is no such option in the app either.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Algaliarept, I thought so, I don't think it's customizable.