Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NW-ZX706

profile.country.GB.title
DavidChalmers
New

Sony NW-ZX706

Part of the NW-700 series - my 706 purchased in China is loaded with Wechat, a highly restrictive social media platform - means i cannot load anything onto it in Europe. In fact I cant load anything on to it, regardless which country I am in. .Zero assistance from Sony Eu - as I requested how to wipe Wechat and upload a european spec of the software - no response from Sony Eu. Apart from referring me back to China, but no email address provided. So can anyone guide me how to get any service from Sony? Or how do I upload  euro spec software? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, unfortunately, it might not be possible, but it's worth checking the Chinese support, check the locator and see what can be done: 

https://www.sony.co.uk/locale-selector

profile.country.GB.title
DavidChalmers
New

Thanks - but i am tired playing detective with Sony - its a really simple fix - i just need the euro software - China are n't going to provide that...I used to be  big Sony fan, but not longer - i go back to china in September and get my money back and wash my hands with Sony, they are useless.  

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey DavidChalmers, this is the case with any brand! Different regions, different OS, etc, anyway, go thing that you can return it.