Join now - be part of our community!

Sony NW-A105 aptX HD connection indicator

profile.country.GB.title
JayLDN
Explorer

Sony NW-A105 aptX HD connection indicator

I recently got NW-A105 and it's great player. I use aptX HD headphones and I have set connection to aptX HD in the player. 

Is there a way to see if the headphones are connected with aptX HD to the player? Is there a indicator for that? Headphones don't have indicator for different type connections.

I can hear a difference though if I change codec to AAC in the player so it should be working. My previous Fiio M6 player showed which connection was used when headphones were connected.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Maybe this Page can help you to choise, for sure, the Codec aptX in Trasmission?:
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa100/v1/en/contents/TP0002729160.html
profile.country.GB.title
JayLDN
Explorer

Thanks for the answer and link.

This is what I mentioned in the first post that I've done already. It is set as aptX HD. What I want to know is that is there a way to see connection indicator when headphones are connected. Basically something that says "Headphones are now connected using aptX HD". Sometimes headphones can use basic aptX instead of HD to connect because that's the fallback codec.

Like I said, Fiio M6 had this kind of indicator and it was very convenient.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I understood what you were referring to, but I didn't find anything about it in the Manual. If the Headphones do not have a different color indicator depending on the Signal they receive ...