Join now - be part of our community!

Sony CDX-2000S help needed

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
richard.wooster
Visitor

Sony CDX-2000S help needed

My Sony CDX-2000s has stopped working. The LCD is ok but the radio & CD player aren't working, I've tried the reset button, but hasn't helped.

Can anyone offer me any advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi Richard,

Sounds strange, but before doing anything else it might be worth checking that both the power connections to the unit are OK.

There is a yellow wire - this should have 12 volts connected to it at all times (even when the car ignition is off - this keeps the radio presets stored and such-like),

and secondly there is a red wire which is usually used as a 'switched' 12 volt feed i.e. connected so that power is only supplied when the car ignition is on.  (That said it is OK for the red wire to have a permanent 12 volt feed like the yellow, it just means that you have to remember to turn the unit on and off using its own power button rather than it switching on and off automatically with the car's ignition).

Anyway make sure that power is OK to both the red and yellow wires - there may be an in-line fuse to check, or a fuse in the car's own fuse box if there is no power to either of them.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
-frank-
Visitor

Hi Richard,

sorry to hear your having problems with this bit of kit.

Can you tell us a bit more about your problems, such is it brand new (and therefore ought to be under warranty), was it installed by yourself or a mechanic?

Any further information that you can provide, may mean that others might be able to help you out.

Cheers Richard,

-frank-

richard.wooster
Visitor

Hi. Thanks for responding. This is not a new unit i have had it for some time but it has been working perfectly until about two weeks ago. I was listening to the radio then turned it off by pressing the off button [funnily enough] and since then i have not been able to get the radio or cd to work. All the lcd display is working but nothing else.I was wondering if there was some sort of safe mode or something?

Drumzman
New

Hi Richard,

Sounds strange, but before doing anything else it might be worth checking that both the power connections to the unit are OK.

There is a yellow wire - this should have 12 volts connected to it at all times (even when the car ignition is off - this keeps the radio presets stored and such-like),

and secondly there is a red wire which is usually used as a 'switched' 12 volt feed i.e. connected so that power is only supplied when the car ignition is on.  (That said it is OK for the red wire to have a permanent 12 volt feed like the yellow, it just means that you have to remember to turn the unit on and off using its own power button rather than it switching on and off automatically with the car's ignition).

Anyway make sure that power is OK to both the red and yellow wires - there may be an in-line fuse to check, or a fuse in the car's own fuse box if there is no power to either of them.

Hope this helps.