Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-E585 transfer problem

Salcini
New

NWZ-E585 transfer problem

Hi,

I've been having a big problem with transferring music from my computer to my now three weeks old NWZ-E585 Sony Walkman. It works fine for a while, but some songs disrupt and stops the whole process in Media Go, which leads to that I have to disconnect my MP4 from the computer and then connect it again to be able to transfer music again. This leads me to another problem. When I disconnect the Walkman the whole thing freezes(even if I use the eject symbol in Mediga Go) and I have to stick something to the Reset button on the back to make it start up again.

The problems has been there since I opened the package. Any ideas on what to do?

7 REPLIES 7
Sidafen
New

i used my windows media player to import music to my walkman same model as yours i did't use media go

Broseph
New

I had the same problem with Media go. It would transfer some files and then freeze. Disconnecting it wouldn't do anything and it had to be reset. Happened multiple times so I tried WMP and had the same problem. Sync'd some files, froze and had to be reset. Any suggestions would be much appreciated?

Same thing here. Brand new e585. Only solution I found was to manually drag and drop the files in "my computer". But even doing this, you need to copy only ONE ALBUM at a time. If you select an entire artist or your whole music collection, it will freeze up exactly the same as in media go or wmp.

just pain stakingly copy one album at a time. It will take ages, but once the music is on there it's done!

Yes this is a problem I also faced yesterday one day after buying the walkman. I had an older version of this walkman which used content transfer instead of mediago and i was much moire reliable.

Sony have you any news on this issue?

Florida25
New

Just returned one of these walkmans thinking it was faulty but after 2  1/2 hrs trying all possibilities the blooming new one is just the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really disapointed,it will be returned tomorrow!:rage:

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Cockall
New

Reinstall the firmware. I had the same problem with both MedioGo and Windows Media Player. The download for Windows machines is here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/digital-music-players-nw-nwz-e-series/nwz-e585/downloads/...

profile.country.GB.title
Cockall
New

I have finally solved this issue. The way to get round this is to copy the files from your computer hard drive to another USB stick, and then copy from the USB stick to the Walkman using drag-and-drop in both cases. I have no idea why this works, but it does. It is a bit of a faff, but trying to buy an alternative MP3 player that is the equal of Sony's quality and usability is nigh on impossible, at least for any reasonable money, and the cheaper ones have other issues that make them very poor. And I create Playlists directly on the Walkman - see this YouTube video. https://youtu.be/gZ7j3nIBUiE

Instructions: 1) Plug in Walkman 2) Browse Files 3) Go to 'Music' folder 4) Right click any song and select 'Create Playlist' 5) Right click playlist and select 'Properties' 6) Select 'References' tab 7) Drag and drop music you want in your new playlist 8) Order the songs as you want with the ...