Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-A845 missing 2GB?

profile.country.en_GB.title
danni.read
Visitor

NWZ-A845 missing 2GB?

Hi I recently bought the 16GB NWZ-A845 walkman and was just wondering if it was normal to be only able to transfer 14.2GB of content? If it's normal, what's the other 2GB for and is there any way I can use it? I bought the 16GB walkman because I have 15GB of music but at the moment it doesn't all fit. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Drumzman
New

Hi danni.read,

On these kind of devices, you never get the full memory capacity advertised for storing your own files, as some is used by the device itself to run the software essential to its operation.  In the manual for this model it says in the specifications section that approximately 14.1Gb is 'user available capacity' so this would support what you've found.

You do sometimes get some sample files, including photos and videos pre-installed on devices like this, so if there are any of these, you could always delete them, as it sounds like you want the Walkman exclusively for music, and it might mean you squeeze just a bit more on there?

danni.read
Visitor

Ok thank you, I thought that might be the case. I've already deleted the samples and squeezed a little bit more on, just annoyed I didn't do my research properly and realise I wouldn't actually get all 16GB :slight_frown: Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

Drumzman
New

No problem, glad to help. :slight_smile:

Although all manufacturers seem to quote their capacities the same way it would be handy if they at least mentioned the usable space as well as the total space - on the box would be handy! :laughing:

My guess is that unless all manufacturers agreed to do this then it's unlikely that one will break rank and 'appear' to offer less that the others!  But that puts the responsibility on us to do the research as you say! :slight_frown: