Join now - be part of our community!

Need help with NW-A55L Bookmarks and navigation.

profile.country.GB.title
Loofer

Need help with NW-A55L Bookmarks and navigation.

I listen mostly to podcasts and a bit of music on my players and on my old i-river H320 with Rockbox installed I could bookmark a podcast, jump to some music then come back to the bookmark. It would pick up mid podcast where the book mark was created then play the podcast and move on to the next one in the list, exactly as you would want.

With the Sony if I bookmark a podcast and come back, firstly it won't mark my place in the podcast (which might be 1.5 hours + long) it starts at the beginning but more annoyingly when it's finished playing, it won't move onto the next podcast in the folder it moves onto the next bookmark in the list. This means you have to manually go looking for the next episode and some of these things have hundreds of entries in multiple folders which is a real pain.

Is there any way to configure the player to play the next track/podcast and not the next bookmark?

Also, if I'm in an album and I want to go from the current track being played back to the album folder I swipe left, that's fine but if I want to go back to the overall folder for that band swiping left again doesn't seem to take me back up the file tree, is there a way to do that?

Many thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Loofer

Yes I can if you like but it seems like ther player just won't do what I need unfortunately. The reply is below, I didn't bother answering to be honest as I could sense the futility.

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.
We are sorry to learn that the player does not play the next track in order.
With reference to your inquiry, kindly follow the below link for the playback method:
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa50/v1/en/contents/TP0002342859.html?search=next%20track
Kindly check the below link for the bookmark list screen:
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa50/v1/en/contents/TP0002342844.html?search=next%20track
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.
Thank you for your enquiry.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

They're basically telling you what you're trying to do cannot be done.

profile.country.GB.title
Loofer

Yeah looks that way, just frustrating because it's such an insane way to implement bookmarks and navigation.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Loofer, I'm sure if you mention it they will add it as a feedback which might be taken into consideration for future updates. \._./

profile.country.GB.title
Loofer

I'd be sceptical that would have any impact but it's worth a go, where would you send feedback?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team