Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1000XM4 Feature requests

profile.country.GB.title
nicoserup
New

Sony 1000XM4 Feature requests

Hi

I think these features are very needed in the sony headphones app on iOS.
1. make it possible to choose time interval before headphones power off. - Right now, you can only choose between always powered on, or power off when taken off. We really need the choice to choose between 1,2,3,4 hours, instead of this. Right now the settings either power off headphones way to often and gets really annoying, (some apps on the pc like webex teams, and many games cant handle changes in headphone devices and will not use the headset sound/mic before the app is restarted), or the option to not power off at all, and i often forget to power the headset off at night, and then start the day with headphones with 0% power.
2. Make it possible to turn off voice assistant totally. Right now it will still speak when a bluetooth device is connected, and it is really annoying, when your laptop is always connecting, and every time you go a distance away, it will disconnect, and connect again, when you come close enough.
3. Make it possible to turn off speak to chat, in the app. Right now, i had be a mistake enabled it by pressing two fingers on the touch side, and i didn't knew how i turned it on, it was only after a search on google i found that many others had experienced the same issue, and was just as frustrated about as i. It is really annoying when you are in a meeting on the computer, and everytime you talk, it turns down the voice for the other participants in.
4. Please make it more fluid to switch between bluetooth devices. Right now competitors like jabra 85h is much better at this. And i personally get a bit jealous.
5. make it possible to submit feedback in the app. Many people don't have the time to go and search your website to find the place to submit a feedback, and you will often miss the change for some great user feedback.

Does any of you know a place to submit feedback to sony directly, i have tried this site, but it does not seem to be the right place for feature requests. In iOS app store, there is no reference to a feedback page, or a feedback email. 

And please, if you agree with these feature requests, do not hesitate to write to sony too. Together we are a stronger voice. 

Best regards: Nicolai 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi nicoserup, your suggestions make sense, you can contact Sony directly here: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/contact?cat=oled-tvs-android-a8g_ag8-series&cpint=spt-foot...

They're easy to get to.

sean92m
New

Another feature that I think would be great to have Is the ability to change the function of the NC/Ambient button to toggle the touch sensor panel. I love this feature but find it too sensitive if I have my headphones on in bed while watching videos. Having to not go into the app would be very convenient!