Join now - be part of our community!

My Speaker SRS-XB402M Don't connect to Wi-Fi in the app Sony Music Center

My Speaker SRS-XB402M Don't connect to Wi-Fi in the app Sony Music Center

The app does not recognize the WiFi, it always shows an error to connect. All the simple steps I have tried, be it restarting the modem, the speaker, my phone, I have borrowed phones to try, I have changed homes to try to connect and nothing.
My Wifi has a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band, and nothing, also in my other home it is like that. The app does not take any configuration from the internet, neither on my device nor on others.
I have tried ALL the solutions provided by Sony Support, and nothing works. I leave this in the forum in case someone can answer me because I feel that my purchase has been a half disappointment.

Instead I bought a led tape, and it connected faster to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Hi, let's see if we can get this connected for you, firstly do you have android or iOS?

I have the same speaker and I think it did take me a couple of tries before getting it connected.

Your WiFi, you have dual band, are they separate streams or is it smart WiFi that combines the two into one SSID?

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @CesarinXv1,

As per the manual, this speaker doesn't support IEEE 802.11ac. Use the 2.4 GHz frequency range (11b, 11g, or 11n) or the 5 GHz frequency range (11a, or 11n) . Also, outdoor use of the wireless devices that use the Wi-Fi 5 GHz band may be prohibited by law on many countries, follow this link from the manual to disable the Wi-Fi 5 GHz band. If the SSID stealth mode of the router is turned on, turn it off.

Hope that works!