Join now - be part of our community!

How to disable BTAUDIO only in MEX-BT3800U?

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
jiarlandis
Visitor

How to disable BTAUDIO only in MEX-BT3800U?

Hi all, I´ve recently purchased an MEX -BT3800 car audio and I´m facing an strange problem. When the bluetooth is paired with my mobile phone (Nokia 5800) everything seems to work fine except the fact tha the mobile keepts in mute mode. No sounds from the mobile go througth the mobile speakers,all the sounds are muted.

If you select the BT Audio source, now you can hear all the sounds from mobile.

This is a problem. If you are using the GPS from the Nokia phone (Sygic or Ovi Maps or another one) you can´t hear the driving guidance voice. Only if you  select source BT Audio , but in this case you can´t hear the turner or the USB music.

Is it possible to deactivate only the BT Audio in order to allow the mobile sounds and keep the BT PHONE connected?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi jiarlandis,

I hope I understand your situation correctly - ideally you want to use the hands-free connection with your BT3800 for phone calls, but not at the same time at BT Audio so that other sounds (including the navigation instructions) come from the phone itself?

If I have understood correctly then not sure whether the following will help.

The BT3800 is capable of using two separate Bluetooth profiles: A2DP (this is for stereo audio/music), and HFP (hands-free profile) for making phone calls.  Connection to these two profiles on the BT3800 can be in two broad ways: either both profiles connected to one external device (this is what you have with your Nokia phone, because the phone also supports both profiles), or you can connect to each of the profiles on the BT3800 with two separate devices e.g a phone and a Bluetooth enabled MP3 player.

The BT3800 identifies which profiles it has connected with a little display icon of a phone (for HFP) and an icon of a musical note in a box (for A2DP sound).

The problem you have is that because your Nokia supports both profiles, it automatically connects to the BT3800 with both (you will see both of the display icons illuminate).  Sadly it is not possible to individually break the BT Audio link on the BT3800 - this gives you two options:

1) Forgive me, I'm not familiar with your Nokia phone, but check if there is a setting in the phone to disable the A2DP Bluetooth only, or transfer the sound to the phone's speaker - to be honest I suspect not based on my experience with my Ericsson phone.  But if you can that would solve your problem.

2) This is not the neatest solution, but it would achieve what you want.  If you have another Bluetooth enabled device that handles music only - like an MP3 player, then pair this with your BT3800.  When connected, the musical note icon only will light up on the display.  Afterwards, switch on the Bluetooth on your Nokia - when it tries to connect to your BT3800 it will find that it can only connect the hands-free profile because the MP3 player has already taken the BT Audio profile.  Consequently, the phone's sounds would come from the phone itself, except where a phone call is in progress, where hands-free would operate via the BT3800, plus you can listen to whatever music source you wish whether USB, tuner (or even your new Bluetooth MP3 player!).  The disadvantage is that you would have to connect the MP3 player (before your phone) each time even if you did not intend to listen to it - so like I said, not the neatest or ideal solution, but unfortunately I think might be the only way you can do what you need.

Anyway, hope this helps - sorry for the lengthy explanation!

Best regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi jiarlandis,

I hope I understand your situation correctly - ideally you want to use the hands-free connection with your BT3800 for phone calls, but not at the same time at BT Audio so that other sounds (including the navigation instructions) come from the phone itself?

If I have understood correctly then not sure whether the following will help.

The BT3800 is capable of using two separate Bluetooth profiles: A2DP (this is for stereo audio/music), and HFP (hands-free profile) for making phone calls.  Connection to these two profiles on the BT3800 can be in two broad ways: either both profiles connected to one external device (this is what you have with your Nokia phone, because the phone also supports both profiles), or you can connect to each of the profiles on the BT3800 with two separate devices e.g a phone and a Bluetooth enabled MP3 player.

The BT3800 identifies which profiles it has connected with a little display icon of a phone (for HFP) and an icon of a musical note in a box (for A2DP sound).

The problem you have is that because your Nokia supports both profiles, it automatically connects to the BT3800 with both (you will see both of the display icons illuminate).  Sadly it is not possible to individually break the BT Audio link on the BT3800 - this gives you two options:

1) Forgive me, I'm not familiar with your Nokia phone, but check if there is a setting in the phone to disable the A2DP Bluetooth only, or transfer the sound to the phone's speaker - to be honest I suspect not based on my experience with my Ericsson phone.  But if you can that would solve your problem.

2) This is not the neatest solution, but it would achieve what you want.  If you have another Bluetooth enabled device that handles music only - like an MP3 player, then pair this with your BT3800.  When connected, the musical note icon only will light up on the display.  Afterwards, switch on the Bluetooth on your Nokia - when it tries to connect to your BT3800 it will find that it can only connect the hands-free profile because the MP3 player has already taken the BT Audio profile.  Consequently, the phone's sounds would come from the phone itself, except where a phone call is in progress, where hands-free would operate via the BT3800, plus you can listen to whatever music source you wish whether USB, tuner (or even your new Bluetooth MP3 player!).  The disadvantage is that you would have to connect the MP3 player (before your phone) each time even if you did not intend to listen to it - so like I said, not the neatest or ideal solution, but unfortunately I think might be the only way you can do what you need.

Anyway, hope this helps - sorry for the lengthy explanation!

Best regards

profile.country.es_ES.title
jiarlandis
Visitor

Thanks Drumzman, your answer is really clear and I think it should work. Let me try it and I´ll tell you

Thans a lot