Join now - be part of our community!

Help with 'Audio out' on Walkman NWZ-X1060

profile.country.en_GB.title
Scottaf
New

Help with 'Audio out' on Walkman NWZ-X1060

I am trying to connect the headphone socket of a Walkman NWZ-X1060 to the Aux input of my VW Golf. 

The output from the Walkman is 3.5 mm 4 pin whereas the car's 'Aux Input' is 3.5mm 3 pin.

I have tried using a standard 3.5 mm (3 pin) cable without success.

Does anyone know of a supplier of a suitable 3.5 mm - 4 pin to 3 pin cable (if one exists!)  or maybe the walkman pin out to enable a cable to be made.

Thanks for any help you can give.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi Scottaf,

I too own a Walkman NWZ-X1060 and actually found that a regular 3.5mm - 3.5mm lead worked OK in my car - don't know if different cars use slightly different connectors? :thinking:

However, I ended up buying a DCC-NWC1 adapter in the end because I needed a way of charging the Walkman while in the car.  It plugs into the cigarette lighter power socket in your car and has a fly-lead with a standard Walkman plug that goes into the bottom of your Walkman.  This both charges the Walkman, and takes the audio signal out.  The end that plugs into the 12V lighter socket then has a standard audio out socket on it that you'll be able to use your 3.5mm cable to connect to your car stereo aux input with (there's even a handy high/low gain switch on the adapter so you can match this best to the input of your car).

Having shelled out for a charger, I was delighted that the sound quality I got was way better than when I connected directly. :slight_smile:  I've attached a link to the detail of the adapter, and hopefully you may be able to pick one up somewhere with a bit of on-line work!

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/awa-other-accessories/dcc-nwc1

Hope this helps!