Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V3S Screen Backlighting

sonylover
Visitor

VGC-V3S Screen Backlighting

I have just bought a V3S and love it, but have noticed some uneven backlighting on darker colours in the top left hand area of the screen. It is also a bit loose around the edges in this area, which seems to contribute to the problem. I have checked out others in various stores and they seem the same. I wonder why! Has anyone else also noticed this phenomenon?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I can't remember seeing it on the V3S I saw yesterday.

BTW thats a nice machine!

sonylover
Visitor

Thanks for that Kee-Lo, but you only really notice the backlighting issue in lower lit rooms, rather than in well lit shops, especially when watching movies.:smileycool:

davide121
Visitor

I have just bought the very same desktop and have no such problem in any lighting so may I suggest it has a problem...

kee-lo_

Yeah would definately query it at the retailer.

I remember first seeing a 17" Sony LCD, imagine a 20", must be amazing!

sonylover
Visitor

Thanks davide 121. So if you set a completely black screensaver, there is absolutely no intrusive light coming into the screen when viewed in a darkened room? Also no looseness around the top left hand corner when gently pressed? I think you are very lucky, as I (and one or two dealers) have noticed these symptoms on a number of V2ss and V3ss although YES Kee-Lo it certainly is an amazing machine!

kee-lo_

I would definately ask your dealership to see if they have one that is working like the way you want it.

davide121
Visitor

hiya,
I have tried what you said about the black screen and there is absolutly no intrusive light, nor do I have any looseness whatsoever so unfortunately you must have a dodgy one. Its an amazing machine but a bit dissapointed with the lack of guidance as to what it can do, i.e instructions etc. have you found that?

sonylover
Visitor

Thanks for the replies folks, especially to davide 121 for all your efforts. I know what you mean about the lack of information, although I do find the My Documentation section (in the Vaio Launcher bar) useful. As I say, I have seen these screen effects on a number of units now (also witnessed by dealers) and tend to think they are more the norm than the exception. Because of this, I am loathed to change my V3S at this stage as the next one could easily be worse, rather than better (a situation I have had before) and in all other respects I am happy with the machine. Still curious to hear other people's views and experiences.