Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Repair Centre have taken my phone HOSTAGE!

SOLVED
andyirvine02
Explorer

Sony Repair Centre have taken my phone HOSTAGE!

I'm having a frustrating experience with the Sony Repair Centre.  Like many other Z3 owners I had problems with the dust flaps continually popping open.  I sent the phone back for repair (presumably new flaps or new body).  However as the back is cracked (phone works fine) Sony will not return the phone to me without repairing the crack.  I have to pay £60 for that!  I asked them to just fix the dust flaps and leave the crack as is, but apparently that's "not possible".  I don't need the back to be repaired but ended up offering to pay for the repair as long as they funded the postage and handling (over £40).  They refused.  

So, deadlock! - I refuse to pay for them to rectify a manufacturing fault and they refuse to return phone without fixing the crack.  I don't think they have a legally sound position on insisting on fixing the crack as a condition of honouring their warranty, but then again they have my phone...:-(

Everyone I explain this situation to thinks it's crazy.  Does anyone have any advice on how to free the hostage?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

Any discussion around Tablets or Phones should be held on our Sony Mobile forum: http://talk.sonymobile.com/

We are in no position to help you with these items here.

Kindest regards

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

Any discussion around Tablets or Phones should be held on our Sony Mobile forum: http://talk.sonymobile.com/

We are in no position to help you with these items here.

Kindest regards

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
andyirvine02
Explorer

Thanks Nico.  I posted there too - wasn't sure where was best.