Join now - be part of our community!

Kd55x8509 Hdmi issue

Chroma28
Explorer

Kd55x8509 Hdmi issue

I have a Sony kd55x8509c android tv, I've had it just over a month now.
The setup is a sky hd box run to a hdmi splitter then one feed goes to the Sony and one to a Samsung tv
When both TVs are turned on the TVs display the same 1080i picture correctly, but if I put the Sony into standby mode the picture will stay ok,but every roughly 15 minutes the screen goes blank only for a split second then returns to normal then after a few seconds it does it again maybe once or twice. It then works ok for another 15 minutes but then the same cycle happens again. If I disconnect the hdmi lead from the Sony then fault does not occur.
If the Samsung tv is off and the Sony to is on the problem does not occur.
Before I got the android TV I had a lg and the Samsung and they works perfectly on the same system.
I can only put it down to the sony TV having activity on the hdmi port whilst in standby,is the same as when the device handshakes, it needs the hdmi routine to completely shut down until the TV is powered back on?

i have 3 hdmi splitters ( I've tried them all) and I can see by the LEDs on them that indeed it is the Sony hdmi port that's doing something whilst the TVs is in standby, the splitter shows the Sony seems to disconnect for a split second then reconnect thus the reason for a re handshake and this causes the Samsung to blank. 

I have rebooted the Sony and made sure it's the latest firmware, but no change. Google say it's a problem for Sony and Sony say to reboot the tv. 

94 REPLIES 94
profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

Hi again,

It seems like I spoke too soon, the upstairs TV went for 2 days without interruption and now it has reverted back to the old problem, a series of blinking off and on after each 15 minutes,when the Sony is in standby, and whatever I do now it stayes the same, is your's still behaving itself. I can not for the life of me think why Sony have done this, what does it achieve other than making their customers angry.

profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

Hi Redstripe 1 uk, the link on your post no longer works for your splitter, do you have any details on it like make and model so that I can try to find one, I assume that your one is still stopping the blinking problem caused by the Sony TV.

Thanks for any help.

profile.country.GB.title
m502cbk

Unfortunately this fix didn't work for me either on my KD55X8005, lasted about two hours before it started again and is now back permanently. Whenever we are not using this TV it gets switched off at the socket as its the only convenient method to totally stop it. 

Hi rayben,

Sure here is a link to the same one on Ebay (although this one seems to be more expensive than I paid).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4K-UHD-1x4-HDMI-Splitter-Distributor-EDID-3D-Metal-case-2x-HDMI-Cable-/112...

If the link stops working again a quick search on Ebay for 4K UHD 1x4 HDMI Splitter Distributor EDID will bring it up.

I have had no problems since I installed this splitter and I am running 5 TV's from one Sky HD box (one of the outputs on the splitter is split again upstairs and still works fine). All the TV's have a perfect picture and DD 5.1 also comes through on the bedroom TV fine.

My biggest problem with the TV now is it doesn't seem to support streaming 4k movies via DLNA only 1080P. It's a realy pain copying them to a USB stick and plugging them directly into the set!

Chris.

profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the info. I found the splitter and you are right it is a lot more expensive, well over £60 with postage from Germany. I have done some searching and found one on Amazon for about £35 with the same spec. I explained the problem to the seller and if it does not cure the problem I can get a full refund. So I have ordered one to see what happens, if it works I will post all of the details on this site. Heres hoping.

profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

Well good news, the splitter I bought from Amazon has done the trick, I have had it on test now every day since I got it a few weeks ago and the Samsung tv picture and sound has not gone off even once. It is the :- Neet® - 2 Way HDMI SPLITTER BOX HDCP v2.2 - 1x2 Port (1 input 2 output) HDMI 2.0 4k / 60 Hz With EDID + Smart HDCP - Active Amplifier - Display 4k Ultra HD on 2 TVs - 3D - Supports Sky Q.

and it was £35. I would imagine that any splitter with EDID control would probably work because that is the important part. You need it to be set to 1080p out of the 4 bit switch settings as the other settings will not stop the blinking, on this splitter that is :- switch 1 set on or 1, and switch 2 set off or 0. and you need to make sure that you unplug the box and plug back in after changing switch settings to affect the change. This is a 1 in to 2 out box but NEET do other boxes and are very helpful if you e-mail them. So if you want to get rid of this problem, spend £35 on this box, it works. And all with no thanks whatsoever to Sony CS.

profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

By the way I forgot to thank Redstripe 1uk for pointing me in the right direction, Thanks Chris.

AdmiralProton
Explorer

Hi all,

My issue is definitely related to yours. It's impossible to use my 65w855c connected to an AV amp that has two hdmi-out ports (if both are used, of course). I have a projector connected to my sub-hdmi out, and using the projector when the TV is off (which is kind of the way it needs to be or that defeats the idea, really) is impossible. The TV (even though it's on stand-by) seems to interfere with the amp or whatever -likely through some stupid handshake or something) and causes regular drop outs (both picture and sound). Turn the tv back on and you get no more drop outs. Remove the tv from the equation and you get no more drop outs. Replace the tv with a tv from a different manufacturer or even a 5 year old Sony set, and you get no drop outs... The TV even causes the PS VR headgear to have drop outs if the TV is turned off when using the PSVR (the PSVR is plugged into the PS4 and the PS4 is plugged into the amp).

What ****?!?? Who on Earth designed those TVs?!?  sad

profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

Hi, the EDID control is definately the answer, I have had no further problems since using the splitter described in my last post. If you used 1 output from your amp with this splitter and configured it as I described, and into your TV and projector, it should work. Good luck.

AdmiralProton
Explorer

Thanks a lot.  Appreciated.  I'll definitely try that although, clearly, the tv is not performing as it should be.  It's somewhat infuriating to have to buy a splitter and mess up with my set up when it's all Sony's (or Google's?) fault.  However, if what you suggest works, I suppose I'll settle for that... Thanks again.