Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 10 Announced

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Windows 10 Announced

Just posting this in case anyone hadn't seen it.

Have a look at the Microsoft info Here.

I wondered what happened to Windows 9?

(Or are they trying to get further away from the shocking Windows 8 lol)

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jumpsuit wrote:

(Or are they trying to get further away from the shocking Windows 8 lol)

In reality that is exactly what they are trying to do.  The new version number "10" skips version 9, to signify a new generation of Windows OS.  Kinda like X-Box One I guess.  Leave it to MS to faff things around.

From what I have read so far, its basically removing many of the "features" of Windows 8 and reverting back to the "old" windows 7 way, but with a few Windows 8 tiles and colours here and there.  So far, there is still not much improvement over Windows 7, other than the "under-the-hood" side of Windows 8. 

Multi-desktops is fully welcome by me.  Same as the removal by default of the "start screen".  Coupled with the backend improvements from Windows 8, will probably give me the incentive to move from Win7. 

But at the end of the day, there is still very little to encourage people to move from Win7.

david_gary_0828
Explorer

I think Windows 7 is very good to use, but I still look forward to Windows 10.:smileyhappy:

rollie148
New

Yeah, agree!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

So in other words it's a bit of a mish-mash affair kind of like Heinz 57, simply put 57 varieties?!!

MS like to tell us it's a complete new OS but dig deep in any version and you can still find references to very old versions going back years. You'd be surprised what they leave behind when you poke inside some files.

Windows 7 is still the best yet, they should build on that instead of cobbling together new ideas.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOl yes - in essence Windows 7 is just a 'pretty' XP.

I agree they should stick with what actually works.:smileythumbsup:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

You got it in a nutshell !!

Pretty to some I guess, honestly speaking though anything is pretty compared to XP. Of course with the introduction of Windows Metro you have to question the talent of their designers, that's bug ugly and then some!

For me I've always preferred the MAC interface, now that's not just pretty, it's down right delicious! I hacked my Windows 7 PC theme to look like OSX Leopard which confuses the heck out of those remote technical support guys. I love to watch them wiggle my mouse around not knowing what the heck they're looking at! Call me mischievous. Grrrr!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Selfishly I prefered windows ME..
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hahahahah, LOL! :laughing:

Wish my name was Leo Pard!