Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 competition

Amanda_jh
Explorer

PS4 competition

:slight_smile:

Hello, I entered the PS4 competition, actually won (shock!!).... So I sent off my stuff and I have not heard anything.

I have tried to use the "contact us" form but it keeps crashing out no matter which computer/browser I am using... 

Does anyone have an email address to contact them?

Thanking you in advance xx

286 REPLIES 286
Ef_Wolf359
Explorer

Sorry for the delay in replying but it's been a crazy week and RL has gotten in the way of the net. 

Mine arrived without warning on Tuesday. Sony had told me it had been despatched on Tuesday last week, then  changed that to Wednesday of last week but had been unable to provide any tracking numbers. It was actually despatched on Thursday via chronopost who then handed it on to DPD in the UK. 

It seems to ge ok but haven't had the time to really give it a try

i have to say that sony support have been absolutely useless in my case, they have lied to me, insulted me, and been very arrogant in their contempt for our rights in this promotion. I believe the only reason that my case was resolved was that I involved the vendor (tesco) who were furious at sony and had their business team contact sony at high level to sort it out. 

Btw my claim still showed as ongoing processing until yesterday when it changed to compliant, 4 days after I received it. What is the point of a system to keep the customer informed of the process that is running about 8 weeks delayed. 

profile.country.GB.title
avnuts
Explorer

Just checked my status, it has changed to "Compliant" from "on-going processing " that it has been for the last ten weeks.

I'm not getting my hopes up, as others have said you cannot believe what Sony support tell you.

I for one will think twice about buying Sony again.  If this is how they treat you as a winner of an official Sony competition the thought of having a problem with a Sony product just fills me with dread.  Shockingly poor customer service.

profile.country.GB.title
avnuts
Explorer

For anyone new to this, hear are some tips.

1. When you send a email, make sure it is no larger than 2mb, I would recommend well under that size.  Sony anti-virus blocks anything over 2mb.
  2.  Send winning confirmation and receipt as PDF's you can download programs to change documents into PDF's, using your printer software. I used PDF creator.
  3. Include a screen shot of the "Information page" off of your TV.

Good luck.

garry71

Thanks for the advice to everyone so far, some nice people on here!

BTW did anyone buy their tv from John Lewis?  My receipt doesn't show the model number, just John Lewis' stock number.  If you put the stock number in the JL search bar, it'll come up with the right telly though.  Might be worth mentioning in any email messages to Sony.

I'll start writing an email to the address given by CaptKipper, and keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers

Garry

Kerold
New

Hi there. Would you mind telling me which option you pressed to get through to someone helpful please?  Many thanks 

Ef_Wolf359
Explorer

I chose the. Options for a tv and then support for one you already own, they know all about the promo and will put you through to the correct team, asking for the manager Achmed would probably be best as he was the only one I found of any use at all. 

JonPetre
Explorer

Guys,

I found emailing was not worth it, until I had raised a support case over the telephone. The support number is on the first couple of pages on this thread. Once you have a support or case referemnce number then it is easier to email in as they can pull up the request and see the details. Here is a snippet from my case with telephone number:

Dear Mr Petre

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

As mentioned in our earlier E-mail, the case is already under investigation, and you will be contacted once an update is received.

If you require any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reply back to this E-mail or to contact us on the phone numbers below.

Yours Sincerely,
Kareem Ismael

Sony Customer Support

Sony Europe Limited

Email:   via www.sony.co.uk

Phone:  0207 365 2810

Once you get through on the telephone, you need MOdel Number, Serial Number, Proof of Purchase, and a screen shot of your winning clain that you get when you first enter the competeiition. They will ask you to email all these through, and then they will confirm on your support case that they have (or have not) received them. It does not seem to matter if you have already sent them, you will need to send them again for the support case you are raising. ONce they have these verified, you compliance status changes from "NON-Compliant" to "Compliant". At this point it took them only a few days to get back to me and ship my PS4 to my address.

I am not saying this will work for everyone, but this certainly worked for me, and once I had raised the support call via telephone I found the whole process easy. It does require patience though.

I believe the competition closes soon so I re-iterate, ring them up and raise a support case over the telephone.

Good Luck everyone and please post back how you guys get on.

Jon

profile.country.GB.title
CaptKipper

Mine turned compliant over the weekend and my ps4 turned up today 😀
Kerold
New

Well done!! What did you do to go from non compliant to compliant?

Sent from my iPad
garry71

I called the support number just now, and they gave me a case number, and sent me an email so I could reply with proof of purchase. 

On the phone they took my participation code, the serial number, and model of the telly.  Then she went away for a bit and came back to ask for proof of purchase, so hopefully that's a good sign!

They also took my mobile phone number, and I've just found out I've left my phone at work, so hopefully they won't be calling me tonight!

I'll keep you all posted on what happens so that it may help anyone else.

Cheers

Garry