Join now - be part of our community!

Problem applying for the Sony EGP

SOLVED
bestuser
New

Problem applying for the Sony EGP

I'm trying to apply for the Sony EGP,  but the application link seems to be broken. When I click it, it leads me to a page that says "Sorry, there are no jobs available." Does anyone happen to know how I can access the application, or if there's a better place to ask? Thanks a bunch!

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi,

Applications are currently closed but I'll update this thread when we have more info.

Thanks,

Drew

Hi guys,

I've been reading your comments about the Sony EGP application. Do you happen to have any news? The website suggests to return in autumn..

Thanks a lot!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Further to earlier posts it would now appear that EPG redesign is taking longer than expected & applicants are requested to check back in the Autumn..

EPG.JPG

However it wouldn't hurt to vsist the EPG site on a regular basis to check for updates..:smileywink:

Does anyone know what is happening with this scheme ? I went to the website and it seems to have gone completely off-line ?

Does this mean EGP 2014 is not going ahead ? I am guessing so if the news today is anything to go by:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/feb/06/sony-jobs-restructuring-losses-pc-tv

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Sony_EGP_2014 wrote:

Does anyone know what is happening with this scheme ? I went to the website and it seems to have gone completely off-line ?

Hi,

The Europe web site is the only one of the Graduate sites that is currently not available & I suspect this would be linked to last months web site changes that have happened recently but as I mentioned in my post above it would seem that that EPG redesign is taking longer than expected & last I saw on the EPG site was that applicants are requested to check back in the Autumn..

@Sony_EGP_2014 wrote:

Does this mean EGP 2014 is not going ahead ? I am guessing so if the news today is anything to go by:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/feb/06/sony-jobs-restructuring-losses-pc-tv

:thinking:

Does that mean there won't be anybody starting the EGP in September 2014 ?
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

Thalamus' recent update from the site showed  "Check back in autumn for updates" and we haven't had any further details.

(Although I'm imagining it would be a bit too much of a rush to apply and then start the EGP in the same month, but you never know.)

I'm sure if anyone gets any more information they will post here.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Sony_EGP_2014 wrote:
Does that mean there won't be anybody starting the EGP in September 2014 ?

To be honest I don't know, as this is a user forum I can not say for sure but I would have thought not..

Best I can suggest, if you want to get an official response, is to write to Sony Weybridge -

Sony Europe Limited

The Heights

Brooklands

Weybridge

KT13 0XW

If you do receive any information please update this thread because I'm sure it would be very useful to others looking to apply for the Sony EPG..

Right,

I met with someone who graduated from the EGP program and now works in one of the businesse and they have advised that the EGP 2014 will not be running, instead applications will open in September 2014 for a 2015 start date.

They are having a break this year

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Sony_EGP_Wannabe wrote:

instead applications will open in September 2014 for a 2015 start date.

That would seem logical..:smileythumbsup: