profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

New Sony E-Paper Watch

Hi all

Just wondered if you had seen the new FES watches that Sony have been involved

in making?

detailimg29_10_verge_super_wide.jpg

"The FES watch is just one of a number of prototypes that Sony has developed while investigating the viability of e-paper as an unusual material for wearable devices. The company is also looking into making bow ties (see video below), hat and shoe accessories, and paper holders out of electronic paper." Have a look Here for more info.

Looks interesting!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes it does look interesting..
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

And as for those bow ties lol ...

Imagine an e-paper suit, now that would be cool. :yahoo:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hmm not going to rush out & buy one of those bow ties but it does make you think of the many possibilities for wearable tech..

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

That's just silly, who'd wear an e-paper suit? Imagine if it rained or you spilled your tea, you'd have a soggy bottom in no time! Incontinent people could find them embarrassing too!

Mind you I can see the criminal element in our society taking this onboard pretty quick. Imagine going shoplifting, you could run out the shop and take on a whole new appearance in the blink of an eye. Cool!

Being late for work might be useful, no more getting changed in the morning, hey you could keep your pj's on 24/7 and just change how they look. That said birthday suits might prove challenging, for one.., where do you stick the plug??? :flushed:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

In your mouth of course! :yahoo:

(If not then the manual would be interesting 🐵

I would just laminate the suit and hey presto,

a waterproof and stylish outfit for the man about town.

Wonder if we could Android it up too?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Seriously though, aren't Sony just reusing an old technology here? E-Paper or whatever it was called back in the day has been around for 15 or more years that I'm aware of. I used to go clubbing in London at the end of the 90's early 2000 and people used to wear T-Shirts with electronic displays on them. They weren't stiff plastic add-ons, they were flexible panels which to all intensive purposes moved just like the T-Shirt did, like it was made of material.

I believe car manufacturers have also experimented with this one in the past using it to cover an entire vehicle's bodywork so as to display moving advertising.

Mind you I suppose the uses for such a product now are endless, we could even have roll-up TV's computer screens and such like. Imagine a map where you didn't have to turn the page, Google would make a killing selling that one, especially if street view was included.

Perhaps furhter down the line we'll all be able to print our home videos on E-Paper and hang them around the house, Harry Potter style!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14