Join now - be part of our community!

Do sony really have the worst customer services on the planet..? No TV for 4 weeks and still no call back or resolution...awful

SOLVED
shaynes69
Explorer

Do sony really have the worst customer services on the planet..? No TV for 4 weeks and still no call back or resolution...awful

As you can see from the title... I'm a loyal sony customer of many years and covering many products but I am seriously about to lose it and sell every Sony product I have and replace with samsung stuff in a fit of rage! I bought a brand new 4k tv nearly 5 weeks ago, it had 3 flashing red lights after just a few days so Sony said they would replace it. They took a week to finally collect it and now 3 weeks later I still have NO TV!! Honestly it's beyond a joke, how can it take 3 weeks, it's borderline theft as they have my couple grand and I have nothing! I feel like just cancelling it through Amex and buying another brand but really I just want Sony to give me what I have bought and paid for. I'm all out of ideas...any suggestions welcome
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @shaynes69,
I have been informed that your case has been resolved on the 2nd December could you please confirm??

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi shaynes69,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Have asked one of our contacts within Sony to investigate your case, if we get any information we will post it in this thread..

Could you ensure your contact details in your Community profile is upto date as they may need to contact your direct..

shaynes69
Explorer

Hi thanks for the reply..! The details aren't against my profile as wife been dealing with it. It's Order number 303608607 order date 27th sept. Return number 9045423. Technical ref 11498997
shaynes69
Explorer

Quick update for everyone....Sony won't discuss with me since I'm not the account holder according to them, my wife is so won't discuss with me. Their advice to me to resolve this was to issue a charge back through Amex and buy a different tv....now that's what you call customer services failing miserably
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@shaynes69 wrote:
Quick update for everyone....Sony won't discuss with me since I'm not the account holder according to them, my wife is so won't discuss with me. Their advice to me to resolve this was to issue a charge back through Amex and buy a different tv....now that's what you call customer services failing miserably

Passed your comments on..:smileyshocked:

shaynes69
Explorer

Update: still not resolved, Sony have collected the tv 5 weeks ago now as it had broken after only one week of buying it new. They have since lost the collected tv so for the past five weeks we have had no TV, make up your own minds as to the level of customer service from sony....5 weeks and counting, Sony refuse to refund the tv or give a new one until they find the old one, Amex can't cancel the transaction without proof of collection which of course we don't have since it was Sonys courier that collected it. So as it stands Sony have basically just stolen money from us, can't really think of any other way of putting it. I have now bought a samsung 4k TV which will be delivered this week and I'm contemplating just reporting Sony to the police for stealing the TV and the money as I'm all out of ideas. Moral of story is unfortunately I won't buy anything from them again which is unfortunate given that I have about 15k worth of Sony stuff now. No point risking it if one of them breaks in future as they basically couldn't give a toss about me or anyone else that buys their products. Rant over....cheers
alwilde16
Explorer

Yes Sony is the worst company I have ever had to deal with...well when I say deal with what I mean is I deal with them but they don't deal with me back, they just ignore your emails and phone calls.

Two things you need to fix any problem with Sony products, your head & a wall...hit both together and repeat until issue resolved.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

When you say you purchased this TV on AMEX, that's a Credit Card right?

Section 75 laws mean your credit card must protect purchases over £100 for free, so if there's a problem you could get your money back.

If so contact AMEX, they have a legal duty to sort the matter out for you. In most case they will simply issue a refund and sue Sony for breach of contract.

You may also want to contact Citizen's Advice at this stage or even Consumer Direct

Further advice available here: https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

Further reading: Definition of Theft

Alternative options: Consider filing a Small Claims Procedure against Sony to get your money back. Small Claims are to be issued for items costing no more than £5,000. Packs can easily be obtained from your local County Court and cost around £75 which is refundable if you win. Most big companies don't ever show when summond to court anyway and so this automatically goes in your favour. I've done it myself and won!

Problem solved!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @shaynes69 

I'm hoping someone has been in contact with you to try & sort your issue out, if so could you give us another update please.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @shaynes69,

can you post an update please.?