Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth connection with Laptop and Soundbar

SOLVED
ralphy224

Bluetooth connection with Laptop and Soundbar

I have a SonySVE17 Laptop and a Sony HT-CT370 soundbar. I am trying to get a bluetooth connection between the two. I have paired the two and shows on my laptop connected to the soundbar via the stereo audio gateway and the blue light on soundbar showing connected to laptop. On my laptop in blue tooth operation I am showing laptop and soundbar connected. The problem is I don't get any sound from my soundbar only on the laptop. In Bluetooth operations on clicking  view device properties i am showing I am connected but no passkey. Could this be the problem and how do I correct it if not what else can I do. Thank you for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ralphy224

Thank you for your assistance.

I have solved the problem by changing the sound output in manage audio in
Hardware and Sound on my laptop.. My Laptop now works with my Soundbar,
Thank you again for your help.

Ralphy224.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Is your laptop using Wifi as well?  If so, turn this off - or if possible use the 5Ghz band on wifi?  The Wifi may be interfereing with the bluetooth signal.

Cheers

ralphy224

Thank you for your reply.

How do I turn off the Wifi or how do I use the 5GHZ band.

Ralphy224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Merry Christmas!

Bluetooth and Wifi share the same 2.4Ghz frequency as far as Im aware. Try just switching your ISP's router off (for a test) or moving away from your router and closer to the soundbar.  Then redo the pairing - then see if you can get a proper connection

Cheers

ralphy224

Thank you for your assistance.

I have solved the problem by changing the sound output in manage audio in
Hardware and Sound on my laptop.. My Laptop now works with my Soundbar,
Thank you again for your help.

Ralphy224.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, glad you got it working :slight_smile: