Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803)

profile.country.GB.title
58trebor
New

Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803)

I have had this phone for many years sitting in a cupboard, gathering dust. It worked perfectly when I stopped using it.

Now I want to give it to my grandson for his birthday first mobile, however when the welcome screen comes on and says get started but the screen is unresponsive.

So after reading up I downloaded the Sony Xperia Companion application, now Sony web site says must be switched off, but companion does not detect phone unless switched on.

So Xperia switched on and connected companion finds phone but then comes up with this message

Your device is locked
O Set Xperia to MTP mode
Tap Transfer files (MTP) and wait for Xperia Companion to connect

But with an unresponsive screen, I can't choose the option Transfer files (MTP) is stuck on Charge only.

Can anyone help?

Due to Covid-19, I have no income coming in so not able to buy him a phone so thought I would utilise this one?.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@58trebor 

That could be a hardware issue, what I would do is connect a mouse using a USB OTG that way you could access your phone, with that said, you should charge your phone 100% > turn it off > restart your computer > run Xperia Companion > keep the phone switched off > whenever you have to connect the phone, make sure that it is off, if it doesn't recognize the phone > try a different USB port and/or cable 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

So after reading up I downloaded the Sony Xperia Companion application, now Sony web site says must be switched off, but companion does not detect phone unless switched on.

On one of the first screens of Xperia Companion on the bottom of the window you can tick: device is not recognised or is a smart watch.

That one corresponds with the device being switched off.

profile.country.GB.title
58trebor
New

Thank you to both Uliwooly Expert and Strampke Expert, just thought I would give you both and update on the phone.

Tried to connect a mouse up only micro USB I had was attached to a tablet keyboard cover, so that did not work, then added Xperia Companion to my daughters laptop that seemed to work in principle as stated that it had updated software.

Switched phone on did take a while to load, so I assume the software update worked?

Sadly however when everything loads there is still no response from the screen, so I have to shut it off using the power and up volume. 

Any other thoughts or suggestions?