Join now - be part of our community!

SONY XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM.

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

SONY XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM.

Hi all,

Would like some advice about an Xperia z5 premium. I bought a Sony Z5 premium about a year ago from China, and i have never been able to make a call with this phone. The area where i live, in the country, doesn't have the best reception, but i have another Xperia phone, which i'm using now, and it works just fine. I am with the Vodafone network. Thing is, when i go to the city, it works just fine. All the reception bars on top appear, and i can make a call, it's only when i get home, down go the bars, and no reception. This is the second Xperia Z5 premium i have bought from China, with this problem. Is there anyway this can be fixed? Why is this happening? Bought a Nokia phone years ago, second hand from China, and never had any problems with reception, so can't figure out why this is the case now! I contacted Sony, and they gave me a few solutions to run through to see if it will fix it, but no joy there. Anyone else ever have this problem? Thanks for your time, cheers.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

What I suspect, is that the model and regional configuration for it, differs from the regional spec you need for your network.

Most likely, the band's used in the phone, Vs the band's your network uses. It used to be like this on almost any Chinese imported phone that some networks won't get 4g or 3g, some won't get 4g, or in some cases you couldn't get signal at all as the network you used it on, didn't operate on any of the phones network bands.

This could sometimes be overcome with a software flash, but other times it was just fruitless.

What I would try, is a few pre pay Sims (no need to top up anything) and see if any other networks obtain a good enough signal.

For your network, you can try putting the network options in settings to 2g only and see if it latches to your network then.

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi LordViridis,

I have bought old Nokia builders phones from China, and never had an issue with picking up my vodafone network. Why would it happen with this Sony z5? Another thing, why is it when i go in the city, i get full bars, and have no problems making a call, the minute i get home, everything goes dead?

When you say a "software flash", what does that mean?

So basically i can't sort the problem out with my vodafone network. I presume Sony won't take it back and sort it for me, seeing that i bought it from a Chinese seller? At this rate, the phone is worthless. Anything else i could do? This is a right pain in the neck. Cheers.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@berhenne52  contact the seller to check where he has the stock of phones from.

alexdon