Join now - be part of our community!

Need Some Info to buy Imported Xperia Z...

SOLVED
dil2abu
Visitor

Need Some Info to buy Imported Xperia Z...

Hi Friends... I am from India...

I am planning to buy Xperia Z which is imported.. Its an LTE version.. Can I Officially update it via SUS for future updates??

Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

simple, if the phone is from the UK you will be able to update the phone through PC Companion or SUS when the updates are available in the UK, not India.

keep in mind that Sony doesn't have international warranty

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Sam
Legend
Legend

You will be able to update it, but only to the version specific to the local customisation of the handset from the country it was manufactured for.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

dil2abu
Visitor

but only to the version specific to the local customisation of the handset from the country it was manufactured for

Can you please explain me this ??

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

simple, if the phone is from the UK you will be able to update the phone through PC Companion or SUS when the updates are available in the UK, not India.

keep in mind that Sony doesn't have international warranty

anish915
Visitor

When i had imported a phone(xperia p , without bill ) , i could not send sms from it though i could recieve them.The problem was easily managed by using whatsapp but it created a problem when sms had to be sent to people who did not have whatsapp. You will only get updates when they are made available in the country from which you are importing the phone.

dil2abu
Visitor

i could not send sms from it though i could recieve them

So will have have the same prob?

It will be a big problem for me if i could not send sms..

I am planning to buy in a couple of days..

Is there any solution for this?

uliwooly - Your reply would be helpful..

dil2abu
Visitor

Can anybody tell me where can I buy Xperia Z Custom piece in Chennai ??

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

can you elaborate on the custom piece?