Join now - be part of our community!

Headset not supported

kellyh1991
Visitor

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

86 REPLIES 86
MichelleTzu
Visitor

This has started happening on my Sony too. I've not had the headset plugged in all day and the message still appears. I've tried everything
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@MichelleTzu @kellyh1991

You might want to get your device inspected by your Local support

Teknikaali
Visitor

This has started to happen to my Z1 Compact too. Even while writing this text I got 3 popups saying that my headset is not supported, even I don't have one attached. And yes, I did all the data clearing, even disabled Smart Connect and the problem still exists.. Slightly_frowning_Face Makes the device irritating to use.
MichelleTzu
Visitor

Mine has stopped doing it. I plugged in a Nokia headset, the messaged pooped up. I clicked ok, unplugged the headset and so far not seen the message again.
MichelleTzu
Visitor

*popped up even!!
Shawnyso
Visitor

The "headset not supported" is giving me a BIG problem!
1. In camera while focusing, when the msg "headset not supported appear on screen can't focus!!!!!
2. While playing Need For Speed, racing halfway when "headset not supported" appear game restarts and game credit gone!!!!

Pls fix the problem, please..
Xeal
Visitor

I am also having this issue with the recent lollipop update.
While it's not a real solution, it is a bandaid fix.
Go to system>app>all and near the bottom you'll ha e "Unsupported Headset Notifier"
I simply disabled this app and boom, no message for the last three hours using YouTube to test.

Hopefully this will help some people, but moreso,maybe we can have a real fix in the near future.
boulevarden
Visitor

I've got this same problem and it's so frustrating! I've been getting the ''Headset not supported'' message since the beginning of January even though I don't have a headset plugged in. I've cleared data and uninstalled updates (Smart Connect) and eventually decided to disable the whole app since it didn't help. I've tried restarting the phone and I've checked the audio jack (where there's no dirt/dust to be seen). I can no longer talk on speaker because the phone pops up the message and turns off the speaker. I'm really hoping that Sony fixes this problem ASAP because my phone is becoming pretty much unusable because of this. If we're not getting a software update that fixes this, then I'm afraid I'm gonna get a new phone and this time it's unfortunately not gonna be Sony (have had tons of problems with my Z1 Compact and the acro S which I had before the Z1C).

glycol1
Visitor

I'm also getting this error since last week, no headset connected at all. Nothing helps. Xperia Z1.

As workaround helps disabling Settings -> apps -> all -> Unsupported Headset Notifier

zzz119
Visitor

Same problem with my z1 and error message kept coming back after doing what it's been suggested. But this is what I did and it's been fixed. Use some cleaning agent like alcohol and spray it into the headphone socket on your phone then use the original sony jack headphone and connect then reboot. Good luck.