Join now - be part of our community!

headphone jack not working

SOLVED
HaiderAli97
Visitor

headphone jack not working

I recently bought a new Xperia Z1...
Had great time using it but suddenly on one unfortunate day, I found out that the phone no more recognizes any headphone.
I tried to clean the headphone jack.. AND it worked but after 3 minutes, phone wasn't able to recognize headphones not even SONY and beats.
Is it a software issue or something?!
Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ashroft98
Enthusiast

Try this

Go to Settings > Apps > Smart Connect > Press Clear Data and restart phone.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Ashroft98
Enthusiast

Try this

Go to Settings > Apps > Smart Connect > Press Clear Data and restart phone.

Thorn_Trix
Visitor

I tried many things...including cleaning the jack,clearing the data of SMART CONNECT but the problem resists..

the keeps disconnecting the headsets....

is it a software issue or what......in my country,theres no as such authorized sony customer care for XPERIA.

what shuold i do to solve the problem.

plzzz help

dandy63
Leader

Hi, the day or previous day that this happened with your headphones...had you downloaded/installed any new apps or had you just downloaded any software updates :smileysmileywink:

Thorn_Trix
Visitor

YES i had installed POWERAMP music player.....

i yeterday uninstalled it nd even deleted its data from the phone.

the phone now recognizes headphones but keeps disconnecting

Thommo
Genius

Consider performing a system repair using Pc Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

HaiderAli97
Visitor

Ohkayy.... Thanx...
I will try that in 2 days after I have backed up my data
anish41
Visitor

I face it many times when I remove headphones while the music is being played and try to plug it in again. Just reboot your device when this happens. Haven't found anything new.

Slightly_smiling_Face

Thorn_Trix
Visitor

I'm helpless.....
Music is love and headphone jack.?! Not working
I tried all above Mentioned things but still of no use including pc companion repair...ND factory reset.
There's no as such sony customer care.
Help! Plz
Kulveer_Singh
Contributor

Headphone detection is Kitkat problem, hope it will fix in android 5.
You can try this app, which solves my problem(not fully, but no need to reboot each time)
Download "SoundAbout" by David Woods from play store.
In play store search "SoundAbout".
Install it then set its setting
Soundabout service set to On-Auto Resart
Media audio to Wied headphone.

Then add its widget on screen.
Then plugged in your headphone and click on that widget.
It works for me well.