Join now - be part of our community!

capacity for NFC services full pop up after recent update.

SOLVED
mw82
Visitor

capacity for NFC services full pop up after recent update.

This pop up keeps appearing pretty much everytime I do anything on the phone...

Capacity for NFC services full. Not enough capacity to enable to service. Try disabling one or more services.

I tap change services and there is no service to disable and the capacity is 0%.

I don't use the NFC function and have never used it. I didn't even know what it was until this pop up problem started. Having Googled the problem, there seems to be a connection with banking apps but I don't have any.
This has happened ever since the most recent update a couple of days ago; it's either a massive coincidence or due to the update.

It's really starting to annoy me and I want to get it sorted. I've emailed customer service but no reply yet.

Any help at all would be massively appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

does this happen on safe mode? try to long press on power off option.

if doesn't happen . it means it is triggered by a 3rd party app.

try to perform a software repair using Xperia companion

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

does this happen on safe mode? try to long press on power off option.

if doesn't happen . it means it is triggered by a 3rd party app.

try to perform a software repair using Xperia companion

profile.country.GB.title
ezy2ezy
Contributor

Although only one service is showing and it's calculated as taking up 0% Phone has started doing this since nougat

profile.country.GB.title
ezy2ezy
Contributor

Cant add a pic as the xperia chrome browser wont let me see the right side of the web page to post!

And i cant use my pc as everytime i try to access this forum chrome says im being stopped by a too many rimeouts or something and have to clear all my cookies

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

This is more so directed to the Sony Team,

Could it be that some users(the phone itself, maybe corrupted from old firmware directory files remaining when nougat NFC firmware is downloaded) are having difficulties updating the Firmware package for NFC?

They should receive a Firmware update Notification post boot, that they need to clear

I've been playing around with Nougat and Marshmallow, and I've been taking down some notes - I missed the window to take a screenshot of the NFC update.

But I do have a dual boot Z5C happening... I shall call it NouMallow, I managed to fix my internals from 16GB to correct reading - that's why I've been troubleshooting a bit... I've got a massive Guide/Tutorial write up to post soon, so I'm going Nougat now.... Booyah

profile.country.GB.title
ezy2ezy
Contributor

it has happened 2 days over the last 7...

it will just start popping that message up from 1st boot up of the day, and then aggressively while trying to type in a sms input box to reply to a text message...

however "restarting" the phone will kill it from popping up again for the rest of the day.

google pay still works when used to pay via nfc

GB3001
Visitor

I get this notification every 30 seconds and it is driving me mad.

UK Z5 compact on EE. Recently updated to 7.
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

I am almost certain that this is a bug that has something to do with a firmware update for NFC during the Nougat upgrade.

Edit: I've already replied to this thread
mw82
Visitor

Hello everyone. Thanks for the replies and the ideas.
I started the phone in safe mode and it seemed fine. So I restarted the phone in normal mode, just to see if anything had changed and to start deleting apps but it seemed fine. The pop up message didn't appear once and, touch wood, it hasn't appeared since...

Thanks again for your replies.....still awaiting a response from Sony customer service though 😒
briancarr99
Visitor

same problem happening to me.... will try the safe mode and update with results