Join now - be part of our community!

XA1 wi fi keeps dropping off - help please!

profile.country.GB.title
mogggie

XA1 wi fi keeps dropping off - help please!

I have just changed from my Z3 compact to a new XA1 and have encountered a number of problems the worst being that I keep loosing my home wi fi!

I have vfone of course for my calls away from home but when at home and using data I use my BT broadband to save money on data with vfone.

This worked on my previous models but now when I go into settings I find that sometimes the blue wi fi dot has gone grey and switched off. I then have to switch it on again and connect to my wi fi each time. Also if I switch my phone off and then on again it ALWAYS happens.

I have tried going out of the wi fi altogether and resetting it with the BT hub code and it then works for a while. There is nothing wrong with my broadband and I get a superb signal all the time.

My wife uses her Z3 compact in the same room and hers works perfectly!

I am very elderly and before I dump this phone and go back to the Z3 is there anything I can do?

Thanks everyone

Gordon 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

The blue indicator being grey could also mean the WiFi is actually switching itself off, this could be a power saving feature activated.

Do you have power saving turned on?

The other reason could also be the router "forgetting" the phone on its address table, you could try resetting the router, leaving it powered off for a minute and turning it back on.

This might help, 

Piscie
Community Team

In addition to what @Lord_viridis said, try to enable the safe mode and check if the issue happens or not, one of your apps might be affecting the WiFi and causing it to be turned off.