Join now - be part of our community!

Broken Screen: Can't access videos, photos and recordings of dead grandparents

gjclayton
New

Broken Screen: Can't access videos, photos and recordings of dead grandparents

Hello all.

My first post here.

I have an old Xperia XA1 that has a non-functioning screen.

I cannot access any of the information on the phone due to not being able to unlock it when I plug it into my computer to access the files.

My grandparents died in the last two years and I have numerous photos and recordings of them on the phone, including old war stories and tales from their past.

I am desparate to be able to find a way to access these and save them elsewhere.

I understand that if I send the phone off t be repaired they will probably wipe the memory. Is this true?

I need to either find a way to access the files without repairing it, or to get it repaired with the guarantee that the files won't be lost.

Any advice really gratefully received!

Thanks so much.

GJC

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Tizer1

If your screen is just unresponsive and still lights up then you may be able to access the phone with an OTG cable and a Mouse, if your model has OTG support. My old Z3C did, not sure about a XA1. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there,

The only way is to use an OTG with a mouse to access the files on your phone because the repair center will flash the device once they receive it and that means that all the data will be deleted and if you didn't back them up before you will not be able to restore them unfortunately.