Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM4 - Charging case gold pin connector stuck down - Earbud not charging. Any ideas ???

profile.country.GB.title
tdauvillier
New

WF-1000XM4 - Charging case gold pin connector stuck down - Earbud not charging. Any ideas ???

I have the excellent Wireless WF-1000XM4 earphones BUT yesterday I got a "right earbud 10%, left fully charge" message and realised that I have a charging issue.

The WF-1000XM4 charging case has 3 golden connector pins for each earbuds to connect to when inside the case.
These are on spring and can lower down when the earbud is magnetically attached inside the case.

My problem
: one of these pins on the right earbud is stuck down. It moves a little bit but doesn't spring up fully like the other when the earbud is removed. This pin doesn't connect to the right Earbud, hence no charging!

20221109_Connector pin down.jpg

Cause: ?? no idea, the case did not fall, no particular gesture that could have caused the pin to be blocked. No earwax nor any material that could sick it (I clean the pin with a cotton stick). weak pin spring?
Impact: I can no longer use my earphones as the right earbud is out of battery and I can no longer charge it (due to the pin not connecting with it in the case).

Any ideas? Has any of you had this issue in the past? What can we do about it?
Please let me know as I really would like to keep using my earphones ASAP...
At £200, I won't expect a quality issue like this.

Please let me know and share your experience.
Thank you.

Tony.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, at this point you'll have to send the headset for a repair. You'll have to contact Sony Support so that they can assist you with how to send it for a repair, you can contact them from here. I hope this helps