Join now - be part of our community!

Sonic Stage Transfer Problem.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Arnak99
Visitor

Sonic Stage Transfer Problem.

Hi Folks,

I hope you can help?

I have recorded some bird song on my MD Wakman and can import it into Sonic Stage 4.3.01 but there is no option to transfer the tracks to a memory stick or to the PC's hard drive only to create a cd!

I have the tracks on My Library but the only 3 options are for cd creation.

So far I have had to create a cd then copy the files back form the cd onto the hard drive in order to work on them to cut out the noise, traffic sounds etc.

Surely there must be a way to copy them without having to make a cd as per the help info which does not seem to agree with my screen options...

Thanks for any advice.

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Drumzman
New

Hi Martin,

Just a thought, and not something that I have tried personally to be honest, but Sony do a piece of software that converts Atrac (which I assume will be the format that your MD Walkman is recording in) into MP3.  This is the link to the software on their website:

http://support.sony-europe.com/DNA/Downloads/downloads.aspx?l=en&c=WM&sc=NWVP&f=MP3CT&m=NWZ-A828

With an MP3 file you should be able to manipulate this more easily plus store it to Memory Stick or your computer's hard drive more easily.

Not sure if this might help?

Arnak99
Visitor

Hi Drumzman,

Brilliant suggestion, thank you very much.:smileyhappy:

That did indeed solve the problem as it automatically converted all my Altrac files in the library into MP3's so I don't need to export them as Wav's to a cd anymore.:smileycool:

Now I  can maniplulate the bird song tracks and remove the rubbish in order to identify the bird that is singing...

Thanks again.

Martin