Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-X1050 will not play WMP playlist

profile.country.it_IT.title
VillaSampaguita
Visitor

NWZ-X1050 will not play WMP playlist

And yet another problem with my new walkman software. I made up several playlists using WMP 11, it was not easy as I use Winamp as my music manager and it took a long time fiddling with settings to get the wpl files recognized as WMP files and not Winamp. However I succeeded and made the drag and drop transfer, but oops the Walkman does not recognize them.  Error message “no playlists available, please connect to compliant software and transfer playlists”

Next I tried to transfer directly from WMP using copy to media device command. Another long and frustrating time trying to get the program to recognize the Walkman, which it did only after the computer crashed overnight and restarted. So I made some copy playlists to the walkman using WMP copy to device command, and surprise it doesn’t copy the playlist wpl file, but copies the entire files (which are already on the walkman anyway, so wastes memory) and it still won’t play a playlist.

Anyone with a similar problem and a solution? Or even better how to use Winamp or Mediamonkey playlists on a walkman?

Windows XP SP2 with WMP 11 and Walkman firmware 1.11,

0 REPLIES 0