Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3800U - not finding USB folders

profile.country.en_GB.title
dabower11
New

MEX-BT3800U - not finding USB folders

Hi,

My MEX-BT3800U is not reading all my music folderes when connected to my phone via a USB link. The drive is mounted properly,  and the Sony finds and plays so many songs, but fails to find other folders containing bog-standard mp3's.

My folder structure is Music/Artist/Album/Songs. There are something like 130 album folders, but the Sony is finding maybe 30 of them.

Any suggestions?

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
DJWMARCH
Visitor

HI Dave im sorry this is not a solution but i have a simular problem when my nwz-a845 mp3 is conected via usb link the3800u does not show all the albums on the mp3. does this sound the same?  i have checked the file type i have a mixture of wma and mp3 but that does not seem to be a problem also my kbs levels are all quite low All the albums play on the mp3.  

JasonLeger
Visitor

I have the exact same problem.

I moved all of my folders to the top level and that seems to help.

But still the folders are not all in alphabetical order.

Is Sony aware of this problem?

How hard is it to read files from a USB drive?

JasonLeger
Visitor

bump.

Anyone?

DJWMARCH
Visitor

Hi i have called sony about this problem not all albums found on a845 mp3 by mex 3800u and they recomended saveing all info on mp3 (absolutely everything) not just music/videos/photos then reset/format the mp3 in  common settings on mp3. I have done this and then transfered everything back from my computer to mp3 and now everything plays on mp3 and all albums are found and play on mex 3800u car stereo. The only thing that has happened is that not all album artwork has gone back to mp3 . Perhaps i have not transfered it properly but everything else seems to work, although mp3 goes back to default settings.I hope this is of some help to you both let me know  DJW.