Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard problem with VGN-FS115B

sopark
Visitor

Keyboard problem with VGN-FS115B

Hi all. I've just got my Vaio last week. Firstly, I had a problem with the keyboard when I tried to configure the notebook on the first use. Actually, it was only happened when I pressed either 'Delete', 'Backspace' or 'Enter'. Those keys gave a strange results, like when I tried to delete some characters using 'Backspace', instead of deleting the last character, it typed '789'. The same thing happened when I pressed 'Delete' and 'Enter' but with different characters generated. If I kept pressing those keys, it would activate 'The keyboard shortcut dialog'. Anyway, the problem went away after a few restart. Today, the same problem comes back again. I can't even press 'Enter' key to start a new line and I have to correct misspelling by selecting the text and cut it because I can't use the 'Delete' key. I tried to change the keyboard layout in advanced language input setting, but doesn't help. Anybody finds the same problem like this or know how to get round it? Thank you very much.

12 REPLIES 12
sopark
Visitor

Yes, I'm absolutely sure it was sealed when I received it. I didn't spill any fluid on it either.

sopark
Visitor

This is an update about my Vaio Notebook.
I returned it to the dealer. The dealer accepted it was a faulty one and gave me a full refund. So, I ordered a new VGN-FS215B, which I got it today. There is, so far, no problem with this new notebook. Anyway, I'm still keep my eyes open as the problem I found earlier is intermittent.
Thank you very much for all your replies.:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's great news