Join now - be part of our community!

cash back offer

Daisydog58
Explorer

cash back offer

After a long and hard search for the right camera. I finally settled on the Sony DSC-HX400V with the added bonus of £40 cash back. I am very disapointed with the difficult and very intrusive form that needs completing. I have to say I wont be making any Further Purchase's from sony again. I shall be returning the camera to the store for a refund.

6 REPLIES 6
larufus
Explorer

All I can Say is good luck with your cashback.I purchased a Sony camcorder at the end of August last year for which I could claim £50 cashback. Despite numerous telephone calls , and emails I am still waiting. I have even emailed Mr K De Pauw, Sony Chief Executive  and after an initial response further emails have been ignored. ( I would mention that I have been away on holiday foor three separate weeks in the past two months so have not pursued the matter during this time but three emails sent during April have been ignored).

I completed the cashback form as instructed and sent it to the address quoted together with my receipt and guarantee document, and was expecting my bank account to be credited in 28 days.

Nothing heard by early November so I telephoned the number on the cashback leaflet. Apparently the matter is dealt with by an agent acting on behalf of Sony and based in France.. Was told there was a delay due to heavy demand and that my documents should be returned shortly and my account credited a month later.

The documents were received just before Christmas (just them in the envelope, no other letter or compliment slip).

Phoned again in early February as nothing received and was told my application was being processed and credit would be received at at beginning of March.

Still nothing so phoned again mid March and heard a strange message to the effect that the line was closed and any queries should be directed to the 'original author'.

Phoned Sony customer servicewho promised to look into it andwas assured they would phone back within 24 hours . Told them I  was going away for a few days in two days time. Nothing heard but on my return had two messages on my phone (48hours late!)  and also an email giving me details of the cashback offer and how to apply. A bit late as I had already done this I had already done this 6 months previously.

Phoned custmer services again. Asked to speak to a manager and was told one would call me in 24 hours. Said this was unacceptable and was promised a call in 3 hours as they were in a meeting. . No call received after either 3 or 24 hours  which was when I emailed Mr De Pauw.

It has cost me far more in time and money than the £50 but it is the principle and I do not see why they should get away with it.. Also I have had a Sony camcorder since the early days , upgrading when required, and this is my sixth. Have always been pleased with them but if this is the way they treat their customers, I have laost all faith in Sony.

Not sure what more I can do but am contacting BBC watchdog, and also trading standards.

Incidentally I purchased the camcorder fro John Lewis , who whilst sympathetic, say it is a matter between me and Sony , and cannot deal with individual cases, although they will be passing details on to their buyers who deal with Sony.

Laurie Rufus

profile.country.GB.title
Rockleypark
Explorer

I have just purchased a Sony A6000 (12 July 2015) from Amazon UK and tried to claim the £50 cash back offer, I entered the serial number only to be told that it is not valid. The camera was sold and dispatched by Amazon to comply with the cash back rules etc. I now have to make the decision to either spend hours on the phone or simply return the camera to Amazon for a refund out of principle, any suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
Rockleypark
Explorer

I phoned Sony on 02073652810 and advised the lady that answered of my problem, she said she would contact the promotion team and email me instructions to email my invoice and a screenshot of the rejection of the serial number. 

On re-inputing the serial number to get the screenshot it was this time accepted by the system. So if you are having this problem give Sony a call and maybe it will work for you. Mind you I actually haven’t got the money yet but i'm quite satisfied with the Sony response at the moment.

Regards

Nirurin
New

I am also in the same boat, after buying a sony a6000 from John Lewis. 

However in my case, the website accepted the serial number and details correctly. However they continuously return my (perfectly legitimate) invoice, saying that it is missing information. Though they never seem to be able to agree what information is missing. (For the recod, all the information is on there, and it's a digital document so there's no "bad scan" excuses). 

I am currently talking to John Lewis directly, as they are currently in danger of being liable for false advertising due to Sony not honoring their cashback offers. 

profile.country.GB.title
Rockleypark
Explorer

Hi, I received the following email today

We are processing the payment of your cashback - it should reach your bank
account within 5 working days.

The payment will come from Link Network or WorldPay.

If there's a problem when processing your bank details we'll get in touch
with you.

For any other support queries regarding your Sony product, please visit our
support website.

We hope you enjoy your new Sony product!

Fingers crossed & good luck with your invoice.

larufus
Explorer

I will be interested to see if you get anywhere with John Lewis. As you will see from my post, I was told that it was a matter between myself and Sony and they could not pursue individual cases, although they would pass on a note of the details to their buyers who deal with Sony.

I find it incredible that that with an international company of Sony's standing that their customer service department do not seem to be able to provide the necessary help and that Mr De Pauw , the Chief Executive for Europe has not responded to my emails. I did try to find an email address for Sony head office in Japan , but when I searched it just referred me back to the European organisation.

It would seem that details of my claim, which has now been outstanding for eleven months, has been lost despite my being assured in late February that my application had been processed and that i should be receiving the cash in March.