Join now - be part of our community!

Can I block a number E5

AlwaysPestered
Visitor

Can I block a number E5

I get a phone call every day from a premium rate number who hang up immediately wanting me to call back can I block it 

4 REPLIES 4
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @AlwaysPestered, I am sorry to hear about this.

There is no way to block a number using the settings in the phone. You can however direct all calls from said number to voicemail. By doing this, the caller in question will never be able to call you. 

In order to do this you need to save the number as a contact. After this, follow the steps below.

1. Tap the contact that you want to forward to voicemail, then tap the Edit contact icon (icon with a contact and a pen).
  2. Tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then mark the All calls to voicemail checkbox.
  3. Tap Done / SAVE.

I hope that helped. Let me know if you have further questions! Slightly_smiling_Face

AlwaysPestered
Visitor

Thanks for the solution but it only rings once then they hang up so I don't think that would work. Thanks again for your help 😊

AlwaysPestered
Visitor

Would I get any joy reporting this to ofcom? 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Thank you @AlwaysPestered for your quick reply!

I think that it will work though. This due to the fact that this option will "block" said number from being transferred through at all. The call will not be transferred to your phone at all. 

Regarding contacting Ofcom, I am not really sure on whether they will be able to resolve this as this is an international support forum. But it is worth a shot.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face