Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-WX200 WiFI connects but won't connect to computer

rsbrsb
Explorer

DSC-WX200 WiFI connects but won't connect to computer

My new  Sony DSC-WX200 camera wouldn't send pics to my desktop with wifi.When I try to "Send To Computer" in the camera menu it tries for about 2 minutes then I get the messege... "Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved". I've followed all the steps in the manual and the PlayMemories Home Help Guide. 

Hi Despite, Sony support, who just said it was my computer settings and never come across the issue I have found the answer finally, in my case it was the antivirus and firewall software. I needed to open ports UDP 1900 and  TCP 2869 in Norton Internet Security,

Settings

Network Settings

Smart Firewall

Advanced Settings

General Rules

Configure

Then add two rules with settings

allow

to and from computers

set IP address for the connection (look up on router)

Set for Local and remote UDP 1900

set a name for the rule.

Then do the same for TCP 2869

Then I had to reboot the computer. This seemed to do the trick and the wi fi now works with my XP SP3 desktop.

I hope this helps

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi------ I think that it’s a more easier way, than the rules with firewall. Try to do this.----- Norton Internet Security advanced window--> Network protection-->Network Security Map----- On the left select your “Local Net name” but NOT “Trust Control network”.---- There you’ll see all devices connected on your local net.---- Select the DSC-WX200 WiFI (if compares as “new device” see from Mac Address which is the camera)---- Click on “Edit” Trust Level and then “Full Trust”
Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
jan2011
Enthusiast

Message for SONY's STAFF ---- Here's the ISSUE again ---- I can't edit or reedeit a post even here!!! ----
Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Jan2001, this is a know issue & has been reported to the developers, by several of the experts, hopefully a fix will be applied soon..
jan2011
Enthusiast

Thank you “Thalamus”.------ The strange think is, that there are some Threads that have this problem, but not all!!.------ As you can see, even “rsbrsb” had got problems editing his thread. The second paragraph starts at the right of the first paragraph!!!.----- For me, is the second Thread that I can’t edit or reedit posts…------ Hope they can fix this issue soon.----- Cheers
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes loss of the edit option does seem to affect random threads, which I guess may prove difficult for the development team to locate the bug, but I know they are working on it..:smileythumbsup:
jan2011
Enthusiast

Yeah.----- If it’s random that’s NO good!!!--- But if it could be helpful, Treads with issue (with my account) is this one here and this: http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/TV-won-t-record-to-HDD-or-TV-Pause-after-most-recent-upda...
rsbrsb
Explorer

Hi I tried the full trust route and I'm afraid it didn't work for me. Thanks I expect for some it does. The Support Staff at Sony said when I rang them that they didn't accept that this is an issue. Purely a user problem! So I'm just happy I've got it working for me as this was part of the reason I bought the camera.
jan2011
Enthusiast

I’m sorry that it didn’t function, even for you. (I use this method to connect even tablets and other devices, sharing files, etc. with my PC, excluting the bad ones!!!).----- But, anyway, I will “copy” even your method, maybe it will be useful to me a next time…----- Cheers.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Thalamus. wrote:
Jan2001, this is a know issue & has been reported to the developers, by several of the experts, hopefully a fix will be applied soon..

Hi Jan2001,

just thought I'd let you know that the edit & other related issues have been fixed now..:smileythumbsup: