Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Download PlayMemories Home

Judepidge
Explorer

Can't Download PlayMemories Home

I am trying to download PlayMemories Home to use with my RX100 iii onto my pc. I have tried several times but each time get a message saying there is a problem with mu network connection. There is no problem as I have successfully downloaded other things. I am using Windows 7.

Can anyone help?

17 REPLIES 17
rtbcomp
Explorer

Have ust got an email saying there is a new reply to this thread - the links in the email didn't work, computers don't seem to be Sony's strong point!

I fixed the original problem though - I bought the Nikon Coolpix P610.  On paper it doesn't have some of the features of the Cybershot, but all the downloads work OK.

I'm having the same problem as you guys on a Windows 7 machine. Did anyone ever find a solution for this?

Judepidge
Explorer

Yes I was using Windows and no there was no solution

Sent from my iPhone

Hi,

I am having the same issue whilst using windows 7.

I have tried different browers, wifi and cable, opening straight from website (IE) as well as downloading the file before installing it (Chrome).  I have disabled my firewall, antivirus and anything else I thought could be interferring.  I have lost count of the times I have tried each time cutting off exactly at 50% then bringing up the 0101-1007-4032 error.  I am using the website that both camera and Sony website recommend (sony.net/pm) yet feel like I am getting no where. 

To make matters worse when connecting the camera and opening it as a mass storage device it provides minimal rights meaning files can only be copied across and not deleted, and no access to the suggested apps.  

I bought my HX60 as I have high expections from Sony and I thought this would be an excellent way to document my honeymoon (next week) using the various Apps which were advetised to further enhance the photos.  This is a complete let down. 

Has anyone been able to come up with a solution as its obviously effecting others and seems Sony isn't coming up with any type of response.

Thanks!

rtbcomp
Explorer

Sorry to hear the problem is worse than we thought.  The only reason I considered the Sony was because of the available apps.

I'm even more relieved I decided not to buy one.

In spite of it all, I hope the honeymoon goes OK.

Judepidge
Explorer

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one with this problem and am astounded at the poor customer service from Sony

Sent from my iPhone
SukaRasa
New

I can't believe that Sony has not fixed this problem yet. I like the camera but the support from Sony is pathetic.

There are various answers on the internet - turn off firewall, used registry cleaner, delete old version. I almost never have problems loading programs and didn't have any problem loading it the first time. Surely somebody at Sony has enough skill to sort this out. At least tell people what the problem is.

nigeljhay
New

I can download the .exe file OK but get the same error message when I start the install even though my connection is clearly working. In any case, having downloaded the file, I should not even need to be connected in order to install the software.