Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Download PlayMemories Home

Judepidge
Explorer

Can't Download PlayMemories Home

I am trying to download PlayMemories Home to use with my RX100 iii onto my pc. I have tried several times but each time get a message saying there is a problem with mu network connection. There is no problem as I have successfully downloaded other things. I am using Windows 7.

Can anyone help?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Does it work now? Have you tried a different browser? I don't seem to have the issue you are facing...

No I am still getting the same problem. Have tried using both Chrome and IE.

rtbcomp
Explorer

I get the same problem.

Win 7 Home Premium.

I get as far as "Downloading Installer" and it stops at about 50% saying I have a bad internet connection and gives error 0101-1007-4032.

I have downloaded the setup program several times.

My internet connection is fine and have no problems elsewhere.

Sony Fail 01.jpg

Judepidge
Explorer

Well I still can't install it. I have a brand new laptop running Windows 10 and get exactly the same problem. There is clearly something wrong with this download as I have successfully downloaded and installed many progams on the laptop. I've had no help from Sony and am resigned to not being able to use the software. Having bought the camera I am extremely disappointed about this and will not be purchasing Sony products in the future.
rtbcomp
Explorer

I've just downloaded Nikon's equivalent program with absolutely no hassle.

I'll be buying a Nikon Coolpix P610 on Monday.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I'm sorry but your problems are inside your PC's or with yours net.
I've downloaded and installed now PMH in W10 (build 10586.11) without any kind of issue.

Manolo

rtbcomp
Explorer

The problem could be anywhere.  My responsibilty ends where my network cable plugs into my router, and I'm convinced there's nothing wrong on my side of things.  I have NEVER experienced this sort of problem before.

The fact that you're not in the UK could have a big bearing on things!  I suspect Sony's downloader gives up too easily, perhaps some timeout has ocurred and the downloader doesn't attempt sufficient retries?

At the end of the day it isn't working for me (and others by the look of it), Nikon's software loads OK and their website is easier to navigate so that's where MY money's going.

rtbcomp
Explorer

Manalo,

I've just had a thought, could you post the URL of the site you downloaded from?  Maybe we're on different servers?

I'm downloading from here

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/download/playmemories-home/win/en/index.html

Roger

Judepidge
Explorer

I can't accept that is the case. As I said I have tried on two different pcs, one a brand new one. There is nothing wrong with my network connection as I have successfully downloaded lots of software without a single problem. The problem only occurs on this download. Very annoying that I've spent a lot of money on my camera and can't use the software so will have to purchase software elsewhere which is really not acceptable.