Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 55W805C LINK LOOP

KDL 55W805C LINK LOOP

I have been trying to set up, our Android TV KDL55W805C. I did alow to try and down load some new softwere but became aware that the TV was not conected to our internet now the TV is in a complety locked into a loop that it will not get out of it even by disrupting the power for many days.

I will address the internet conection later but I just want it to get out of this loop!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@ExpatGeorge wrote:

I have been trying to set up, our Android TV KDL55W805C. I did alow to try and down load some new softwere but became aware that the TV was not conected to our internet now the TV is in a complety locked into a loop that it will not get out of it even by disrupting the power for many days.

I will address the internet conection later but I just want it to get out of this loop!

What is happening in the loop? If you power down a set that is updating, you can 'brick' it, as it is called, so only Sony can rescue it, and maybe not even them 😞

Your best hope is that if the set really was not on the internet, the update never got started.

Try pointing the remote at the TV, and holding down the On/Standby button for ten seconds. This is supposed to soft reset it, and is the first thing to try.

if that works, fine. But if not:-

When you disrupted the power to the set, did you pull the plug clean out at the mains? Nothing less will suffice, as even when the set is switched off at the button on the back, there are still live circuits as long as the TV is still getting juice.

So completely unplug it, wait two minutes, plug it in again.

if that still does not bring it back, and it remains completely unresponsive to the standard remote, then I think your only recourse is to a Sony Service Centre, to see if they can rescue it.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

I suppose you mean a "Continuous Boot Loop"

Try firstly to access Safe Mode:

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/129220

Then check if you can perform a Factory reset.

If Safe Mode cannot be accessed try a Forced Factory Reset(Option C):

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75705/

profile.country.DK.title
panky5
New

Hi all,

My  TV KDL-55W805C it turn on and stuck on Sony logo I tried with reset holding power button and Volume down"-" but nothing happend. Anny sugestion how to fix this problem.