Join now - be part of our community!

Kd55x8509 Hdmi issue

Chroma28
Explorer

Kd55x8509 Hdmi issue

I have a Sony kd55x8509c android tv, I've had it just over a month now.
The setup is a sky hd box run to a hdmi splitter then one feed goes to the Sony and one to a Samsung tv
When both TVs are turned on the TVs display the same 1080i picture correctly, but if I put the Sony into standby mode the picture will stay ok,but every roughly 15 minutes the screen goes blank only for a split second then returns to normal then after a few seconds it does it again maybe once or twice. It then works ok for another 15 minutes but then the same cycle happens again. If I disconnect the hdmi lead from the Sony then fault does not occur.
If the Samsung tv is off and the Sony to is on the problem does not occur.
Before I got the android TV I had a lg and the Samsung and they works perfectly on the same system.
I can only put it down to the sony TV having activity on the hdmi port whilst in standby,is the same as when the device handshakes, it needs the hdmi routine to completely shut down until the TV is powered back on?

i have 3 hdmi splitters ( I've tried them all) and I can see by the LEDs on them that indeed it is the Sony hdmi port that's doing something whilst the TVs is in standby, the splitter shows the Sony seems to disconnect for a split second then reconnect thus the reason for a re handshake and this causes the Samsung to blank. 

I have rebooted the Sony and made sure it's the latest firmware, but no change. Google say it's a problem for Sony and Sony say to reboot the tv. 

94 REPLIES 94
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

@m502cbk

Do you have the latest Nvidia Drivers installed?

Download the latest drivers for your 630GTX here  -

Windows 8.1 x64 Bit :

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/98843/en-uk

or Windows 8.1 x32 Bit :

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/98825/en-uk

Try installing the correct driver for your operating system and see if the options are still greyed out or not.

profile.country.GB.title
m502cbk

This problem has me stumped.

I do have the latest drivers, checked again last night.

The PC is connected by HDMI to my AV receiver as is my Blu-ray player. The receiver to the TV is also by HDMI. Using the Blu-ray all the options under Display in the settings menu are available and can be alterered, however when I change to the PC the settings are greyed out and all are changed back to default.

Next step is to try the PC direct to the TV which I didn't have time to try last night.

profile.country.NL.title
fokkek
Explorer

Hello, found this thread because I have similar issues between my KD55x8505c and Marantz SR7005. Have been searching for 4 weeks now looking at problems in my home network LAN because I had dropouts on my streaming audio from a NAS, powerline, Bluesound Node2 to the Marantz. I even went logging manually times of dropouts until I found a regular interval of some 15 minutes and also at the exact same minute every day. Here's where I thought some network check of one of my other networked stuff was conflicting something. Until I put on the TV while listening to music. This created a similar drop in Audio as the random ones. Started testing by pulling the TV for the wired network which seemed to help but just for a while. Changed to wireless on the TV, still the same. Here's where I shifted my attention to the Marantz. Pulled the HDMI connection from TV to Marantz and problem solved! Indeed the drops only occurred when the TV was in standby. The HDMI standby communication just '"shuts" the Marantz for a second every 15 minutes. No interference with HDMI to HDMI here, my Bluesound streamer is connected through RCA analog....

Now looking for a solution to get this working but I think it's up to Sony to fix this. Of course all HDMI communication settings are off; Bravia Sync and also at the Marantz HDMI control is off.

Anyone already found something? 

Tags (3)
profile.country.GB.title
m502cbk

Unfortunately the only way to get round this problem is to either disconnect the HDMI lead as you have discovered or turn off the TV at the socket.

I'm expecting a phone call later today from Sony support as they called yesterday and asked me if the latest update had fixed this problem but at the time I didn't know there had been one.

I had hoped that this update would fix this problem, however yet again it hasn't. The only change for me was the time interval which last night was 30 minutes to the first interruption, then at 60 minutes it completely locked up my HDMI splitter requiring a full power off of all the connected devices to the splitter.

In the limited time I had last night, didn't try PAP, recording etc, Also I coundn't find one problem that I have has been fixed. That is now true for the last three updates so I have to question what exactly have these updates supposedly achieved as the've done nothing for me. 

I can't see Sony spending any more resources trying to fix these TV's now that the 2016 models are reaching the high street so I think its time for Sony to admit defeat, apologize, and either advise us to return them for a full refund or offer us a 2016 model in exchange. 

However I do live in a whiskey fueled dream world sometimes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

There has been quite a few comments over a period of time in regards to your concerns that Sony would cut support of their 2015 TV range once the 2016 TVs get released. I hope to put your mind at ease over this issue.

There are three particular categories:

• OS Support – At CES 2016, Sony announced that 2015 Android TV models will also receive the update to Android 6.0. Therefore it is reasonable to expect continued support and development.
  • Bug Fixes – Sony does not have a time limit in which it stops fixing major bugs and other issues.
  • Apps – As time goes on, some 3rd party providers of apps may decide to stop supporting their apps. This goes for both Android and non-Android based TVs. This is something that Sony (as well as other manufacturers) have little control over. However, with Android TVs there is a large development community as well as a larger range of choice.

Hopefully this helps ease some of your concerns

Cheers

profile.country.NL.title
fokkek
Explorer

Just received a totally unacceptable answer from Sony stating that they do not guarantee HDMI functioning with other brands!!!! I think HDMI is an industry standard and this TV doesn't meet these standards.

Here's the answer and my reply (in Dutch) (I'm furious)

Hallo Sony,

onacceptabel antwoord!! HDMI is een industrie standaard waar deze tv kennelijk niet aan voldoet! (naast alle andere software problemen op dit apparaat)

Ik kan geen ander apparaat meer fatsoenlijk gebruiken omdat de TV elke 15 minuten in standby een handshake o.i.d. doet.

Mijn vorige TV was ook een Sony in exact dezelfde setup zonder deze problemen.

De TV is het probleem, als ik die uit het systeem haal zijn de problemen weg, dan moet de fabrikant dit probleem wegnemen.

In afwachting van een klantgericht antwoord ipv een kluitje in het riet,

Fokke Kleuver

Op 10 mrt. 2016, om 16:08 heeft customersupport.nl@eu.sony.com het volgende geschreven:
Geachte heer Kleuver

Thank you for your email to Sony Support.

I understand you find some audio abruptions (every 15 minutes) in the sound of your Marantz, when your tv is in standby. 

You have done a lot of research to find where the problem lays.

Unfortunately Sony can not guarantee her products work perfectly with products of other manufacturers. You have already figured out that the problem does not lay in the television or in the marantz but occurs because of the combination. Therefore we unfortunately can not offer you a solution.

If you may have any further questions about your product or this email please contact us. You can reach us by telephone or email. If you call from the Netherlands call 020-658 1888, If you call from Belgium call 070-222 130. We hope enough information is provided.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Iris
SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.nl/support/nl
profile.country.GB.title
m502cbk

fokkek

See my post on page two.

You are correct there is an international standard for HDMI connections, and what makes it even more bizarre is Sony were one of the original companies that designed the HDMI protocol. 

To get two components to correctly complete the HDMI handshake has always had it problems, duff connections, bad leads etc, especially in the early days. However this is entirely a different problem which some within Sony seem to have difficulty in understanding. They think they can just discard it as a incompatibility issue which we will just accept as one of those things and walk away.

profile.country.NL.title
fokkek
Explorer

Just called Sony and they told me that they have forwarded my message + this thread to their techinicans. They expect an answer next week. 

profile.country.GB.title
rayben1
Explorer

This problem happens regardless of what make or type of equipment, there have been enough posts now about this issue and I have even directed Sony CS to this issue on this forum but they have refused to acknowledge it. The latest software update is useless and does nothing to resolve this issue, Instead it has silly things like picture in picture which crashed the TV the first time I tried it. Obviously they are not interested in this problem and all they will do is give totally unhelpful lip service to it.

profile.country.GB.title
m502cbk

@Anonymous

Today I placed a post on this thread which was an email I recieved from Sony CS and my response, it seems to have been deleted. Please could you confirm it it was and the reason why.