Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a350

Sony a350

I have been a professional photographer for just over 50 years, and in that time I have used Rolleiflex, Nikon and Hasselblad cameras.

Recently a friend who had been an amateur gave me all his analog Minolta cameras and lenses. Having never used a Minolta lens I though let's buy a second hand Sony digital camera to test them. I bought a Sony a350. 

I found the old Minolta lenses to be of good quality but what an absolute disaster that a350 is. It doesn't work with studio flash and the colour rendition is atrocious. It photographs colours in pastel shades and you have to use Photoshop to make them look anything like natural.

If that's the quality of all Sony cameras, I suggest you buy another brand.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @paultrumper and welcome to the Sony User Community :slight_smile:

That doesn't sound like the usual quality from an a350, but maybe with its age (2008) features, and the fact the a350 was the lowest priced model for the dslr range at that time, you may not like it compared to more modern cameras.

Can I suggest you have a look at some of the modern Sony cameras?

Check out the a6000, a6500 or even the new A99II, they will definately take a better photo than the a350, but obviously at a considerable price compared to a (roughly) £200 second hand a350 :wink:

Hi Jumpsuit, thanks for your comments. I will certainly have a look at them.:smileygeek:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries :slight_smile:

Let us know if you see something you like or need more info on.

Cheers